Kudos to the kid for preachin the Klipsch gospel!

Cal Blacksmith

The son took back with him a pair of KG5.5 in oak and a KV-3 center when he returned to his room last Sunday night. Yesterday (Tuesday) he was talking to somone in his building who has the Bose 5.1 setup and was bragging on how they were the best you could get. My son told him that he had a pair , just two speakes that would blow this guys Bose away, the guy said no way and took up my son on the challange. My son played his setup (using an old HK receiver) and the guy quickly admitted defeat.

I was talking to my son this morning (wed) and he said that he had made a few changes to the way the HK was setup and it is MUCH better today than yesterday, it seems that somehow some of the settings got messed up and almost everything was comming out of the center with very little out of the mains!

So in a nut shell, A 13 year old Klipsch center channel speaker (with a little help, but not much, from the mains) blew the doors off a NEW Bose 5.1 setup! But then again, the center was using 2) K-1019-SV 6.5" (16.51cm) Poly cones and a K-89-KV 1" (2.54cm) Polymer dome compression driver , not really a fair fight when you stack it up against the paper cone micro speakers in the Bose cubes [:P]

There just might be a few Klipsch converts in his building before this is all over [;)]

i have bose 201 speakers that i have had for about 8 or 10 years and they have treated me rather well. I will say, after hearing klipsch, they just pale in comparison, but then again, they were 150 bux for recertified speakers. I still listen to em, but, i dont believe i will ever, ever, ever do bose again. They are just a lot of hype, they do have some nice products but they are way over priced.

Surprised the other guy admitted it.

Ya, me too. lol

So he isn't even running a subwoofer in this setup? Surprise

Nope, no sub with the sons KGs. There is plenty of bass on tap from the KGs as they are using dual 10" woofers in a front ported box and are rated to go to 34 hz. Yes a powered sub could add a bit more punch down there but these are not er, bass shy by any means.

Like they say about hot rod engines, "THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT"

Staying with that theme, the displacement of the

CWIII (15 inch woofer) is 176.7 sq inches and

the displacement of the dual 10 inchers in the KG is 157.0

for a difference of 19.7 sq inches or the same displacement of a 5 inch driver

or another way the KG would be the same as a 14.14 inch woofer

Bose is absolutely the king of marketing, that's for sure. I am continually amazed where I see their print ads. Not only have they paid their way into millions of unsuspecting homes via ads in high circulation mags like the AARP mag (20-30 million members), but the most obscure location I have seen is in my local rural electric co-op newsletter, which mainly has ads for farm equipment and metal buildings [:S]. Bose spends tens of millions on advertising, an order of magnitude more than any other home electronics/audio company, present one included. No wonder the public is deceived about their quality.