New to forum, Purchasing my first pair of Klipsch!

seikel

Hi everyone! I am currently running a Sansui AU-999, but also have a Marantz 2252B sitting around I could use.. I have a pair of those Advent II 9inch "smaller loudspeaker" and a pair of 15 inch 3-way marantz speakers not sure the model of those, but they came with the 2252B.

Having never heard a pair of Klipsch I now have the option to buy two pairs.. I just need help deciding which to buy.

1. RF-82 at $400.00

or

2. Heresy II's in walnut for $200.00

Both in very good condition, I am curious as how the technology in speakers hasnt really changed since the heritage line was initially put out.. I understand the hardware is upgraded a bit, its just interesting to me that they've lasted with the same basic configuration. What the poop on these speakers guys? Thanks!

but also have a Marantz 2252B sitting around I could use

Welcome to the forum.

I think my 2252b and my Forte's came off the same assembly line. Your 2252b and the H2's will sound great together also. Take a look at this thread.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/125537.aspx

If you can afford to buy both sets, I say get them.

Bill

They sound great! Its a different sound, its true. Horns have a unique sound, it doesnt seem to be better or worse, but I really love them! I can turn the volume all the way up and nothing rattles, except the windows! Great for listening to LP's. I've attached a few horrible cell phone photos. They have matching serial numbers and the paper label on the back looks great. I believe they are from 1976.

post-39299-13819511935752_thumb.jpg

Glad you like them but its time to get serious about making them sing for you.

Well I like the armoire and bonnet, I do not like the positioning of those Heresy's at all.

First get them off their stands and build some risers for them (do a "search" and you'll find dimensions etc.) Then redo that room and get them farther apart. Right know you "sweet spot" can be more than 3 inches. Play with placement, toe-in etc. and I guarantee ya you'll be rewarded with better sound.

Report back.