Whats with klipsch pricing?

SuBXeRo

One thing that bugs me is that i have been looking at and monitoring prices for a while and it seems that every line has jumped in price, especially the reference. Aside from that, i really want to know why the Icon W line is so expensive in comparison to the reference line. My assumption is that it is brand new and thats how they wanted to price them but to be priced where they are, i feel it's almost rediculous!

Any thoughts or facts on the subject?

Have you noticed that everything else in our world has gone up in price? [:)]

The Icon speakers are very, very nice speakers. Read the details about the WF-35: http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/wf-35-overview/

Just this part makes me know that a lot of time and attention go into the Icon series: "The WF-35 cabinet is carefully sanded, sealed and stained. Much like in
high-end furniture manufacturing, the stain is then top coated with a
polyurethane finish. This spray application involves 10 coats, with
sanding in-between each coat to achieve the proper thickness. The
cabinet is also inspected at every sanding level to ensure clarity over
the stained veneer."

From my view, the W line is very nice, and appeals to the WAF. Strictly sold in Best Buy stores and a good product, but you will want to get the Sub with these.

However, Price wise they are actually more expensive than the Reference RF 82 line which is sold thru a lot of On line stores like Crutchfield...............

In Addition, I also noticed that the RF 82 line has better specs than the WF 35 line, but nothing major..............

So it boils down to Price, Looks and availability....................

Finally though if you compare Pricing of Klipsch Products with Any Other Speaker Company- You get lots more Bang for your Buck preformance wise than most any other company out their..............

JMHO.

I have read it several times, i do enjoy the fact that such care was taken in creating the cabinet as i am definitly looking for something aesthetically pleasing, For that very reason, i would choose the cherry or whatever it is finish, i just think its sooo pretty. For that reason, i can expect an increase in value. I do agree, a sub is definitly needed for these towers, the icon 8" sub sounded excellent, that sealed sound really makes a good punch IMO. I think in my mind i have made my decision already that iw ould get them, i just cant accept it lol, they are soo pricey!

For me, the WAF doesnt apply thank god, let alone, she wouldnt have a choice in the matter anyways. :). Im young, i say it now lol

• Moderators

What you are seeing is not necessarily a jump in price, but rather a smack down on price control. Many manufacturers (not to mention specialty retailers) are feeling the hurt of out of control pricing, especially resulting from internet sales. It degrades the brand, as well as the bottom line and the ability to continue making premium products.

As they say, you get what you pay for. If consumers in general continue to demand lower pricing on goods, they're going to start getting lower quality goods. We're fighting like mad to keep that from happening. So... careful what you wish for. (Cliches abound [:)])

And yes, the Icon W line is superior quality and beautiful to boot...worth every penny.

I am all for price control, i cant stand crappy products, i was just curious since i had seen a steady increase in value and i just wanted to know the methodology behind all of it. I like to go into things knowing everything about what i am doing. I really do like the wf-35's, i like their brightness, the deal at bestbuy eats me everyday knowing i have no money to buy it and i dont want it to end, i mean, 2 wf-35s and the icon 8" sub for 1100, what a smokin deal!

I remeber Bushwhacked years and still not recovered.

We're still climbing from that hole.

Klipsch products were so well made in Hope that they dam near last forever. I've seen speakers from the 50's and 60's from Hope still going strong with minimal upgrades. This is how Klipsch got a killer reputation by building speakers that last in the USA.

Amy- Dont think you have anything to worry about. The supply of old Heritage is limited and they are difficult to audition without finding someone who is willing to let you listen which generally involves driving and more trouble that nomal sane people are willing to endure. There are a very few people who "get it" where used heritage speakers are concerned. I am building a 2nd room with reference-already have my RB81s due to financial-WAF - and space issues.My kids have reference systems.However in the big picture- price of Heritage is dropping- other stuff is increasing-the value is impossible to ignore. The Heritage line is like a washer or a fridge that never wears out or becomes obsolete. You guys just made them "too good" Sadly their enjoyment is limited to an enthusiast base on this forum.

The new klipsch lines murder any competitive brands- the other stuff is literally garbage-You will sell plenty of new speakers and be around for a long time[:D]