Center channel help

ilovesound

Hi, I have the klipsch quintet 3 system, I upgraded to the c-3 center channel. And use the sub-10. I have a sony str-dg600 receiver. I have been watching a few movies, and have noticed that I cant hear actual dialogue in the movie as well as I would like. It is very low and sometimes I have to really pay attention to hear dialogue in an action scenes and things. It is excellent on giving me full sound on surround effects and loud movie scenes, but I don't know whats wrong with the dialogue. I have my receiver set to the highest treble level, as well as the center channel up 4 decibel's. Please help find a solution. Thanks

Taylor

Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to upgrade into the reference series. I just am not happy with my system. Its kind of funny, It seems every time I get a new set of speakers or something, it just raises my standards more and make me feel like I need to upgrade again. The only bad thing is its going to burn a hole in my pocket. :). Lol and I am only 17. But if it makes my movies more enjoyable than im all for it.Thanks,

Thanks,

Taylor

I find that my center channel needs to be turned UP for some movies (mostly newer ones) to be articulate over music and sound effects, but in the case of some of the 70 mm blockbusters of the '50s, '60s, & '70s, the center needs to be turned DOWN because the people who transferred the film to disk either held back the music compared to the glorious road show originals, or slapped a limiter on it.

So ... the center may need to be reset for certain movies.

I have a friend who just uses the little speakers in his TV for DVDs (The Horror, the Horror) and he reports that the dialog is sometimes lost, so that, combined with the experience of those of us using good sound systems, sounds like the mixes are iffy.

once you have done the above, re choose right mode on receiver, i would then run a test tone on all your speakers just to get it all level and it is here you can adjust the speaker level if you wish.

17 and you have klisch, you are off to a great start.. at 17 i think i had a transister radio at best...