ranking bass bins?

aj01

I think I may have read every diy project thread from jwc's bass horn to the bass of the earth action novel and feel like I should be making some sawdust of my own. I currently have a pair of La Scala's with a sw-15, so I'm looking for a possible upgrade and something that I can find plans to build.

Some of the klipsch options are - mwm, jubilee, khorn (these are probably more complicated than I want to attempt at this point), cornscala dbb, cornscala

others? tractrix bass horn, volvotreter's conical bass horn, evm tl-4050, tl-5050, others off of diy sites?

I'd like it to cross at 500Hz and go as low as possible, but trading off a sub vs a smaller footprint is an option.

Thanks

Girlfriend thinks it's a crazy hobby, but she doesn't mind the science project look of some of the horn designs.

I found a couple of older discussions on the La Scala bins about expansion and then a constant area following the 90 degree bend and then expansion again? Maybe another question would be - does anyone notice Belles as having less midbass distortion than a la scala?

I've heard mwm's and la scalas, and was wondering about other options in between before starting to build something.