These will be in Lima---Best Horns?

TBrennan

"Sniff" they're awfully red aren"t they dear boy??

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 03-06-2002 at 11:05 PM

would sure match my wood floors niceSmile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Colin---The saladbowls are the round horns in the middle of the "satellites". They are driven by TAD 2001s. The tweeter is an RCF. The smaller bassbins are horns driven by TAD 15s (I think), maybe EVs. I don't know what drives the sub horn.

This message has been edited by TBrennan on 03-06-2002 at 11:34 PM

Mdeneen---This is a commercial product. My Edgar saladbowls are the best horn flares I've used but I never heard one of Edgar's entire systems, the coolest thing about the Lima meet will be Edgar's presence there and the ability to hear his system. Edgar sells entire systems or you can buy parts---several different tractrix horns and several basshorns, for DIY building.

The sub was powered by a Hsu sub amplifier when I was there. The electronics are by Cyrus Brenneman (The pre is on the middle shelf on the left, the amps are the monoblocs on the bottom and the sub amp is in the light wood box on the top shelf.). The cdp is a Rega Planet. Dr. Edgar's systems are not necessarily priced in the stratosphere. The CB electronics mostly are. The sound is awesome.

Chris

Links to the electronics...

http://www.euphonosaudio.com/1CySilverRef20pic.htm

http://www.euphonosaudio.com/1CyEuphonosPic.htm

------------------

2 channel

Klipsch Cornwalls (1978)

Cary CAD 300SEI amp (WE 300B's, various NOS 6SN7's)

Arcam Alpha MCD cd player

Sony 5000F Tuner (1968)

HT

Klipsch KG2.5 (front & rear)

Klipsch KV2 (center)

Klipsch SW12 (sub)

Marantz SR700 receiver

Toshiba DTS DVD

JVC SVHS VCR

Sony Hi8 VCR

Tom, I cant wait to hear Edgar's rig as I have been reading about that damn thing and all his horn variations for SO long, I feel like I know the old Coot and can hear them from here!

There is a good chance I will be attending now. I'll surely pop in your room and give you some grief. Who needs name tags; you'll know! heh...

kh

Tom, where can we see the parts and/or systems Edgar sells and do we contact him direct or through some marketing firm?? It's funny but the pic reminds me a bit of a gentleman(Howard Van Valkenburg) who was also regarded by many as the best in the science of ultrasonics. It was under his tutelage that I learned all that I know about design and implementation of such devices.

This message has been edited by SOUNDJUNKIE on 03-07-2002 at 11:29 PM

Man this is awesome I'm going !! Who's bringing there Heritage series speakers for me to hook my Scott and by then HF-81 too ?? That would be just incredible. Rent a room and be able to setup your system in it and everyone gets to compare.

Craig

This message has been edited by NOS440 on 03-08-2002 at 04:01 PM

Craig---If you want to hear Klipsches in Lima you may have to bring them. The organizer has contacted the Klipsch company several times and they haven't even returned his calls. I guess the kind of fanatical hornies that once kept the company afloat are of little interest to the company now, they've bigger fish to fry, like overtaking Bose's market. Besides, what can they bring, those RF-7s wouldn't have a chance against the 35 year old Altec 605s I'm bringing, much less stand comparison with Edgarhorns and CARs. This horn-fest would be a wonderfull opprotunity for Klipsch to show-off the Jubilee, that is if they really intend on making it, which I doubt. I might bring my best friends Cornwalls along to set up in our Chicago Horn Club room though. There may be other's setting up with Klipsches, all you have to do is rent a showroom for $150.

TBrennan

Yea but surely there will be Klipsch owners going and from what I read on the website for this event. They have a block of rooms at a hotel for $65 a night that you are allowed to bring your System in and setup and play it away. I imaging it could be one hell of a party Smile.gif .