Difference between Cornwall ll and Cornwall lll

cornwall4

Hello, I have an opportuninty to purchase a nice pair of Cornwall ll speakers. What is the difference in sound if any

between the cornwall ll's and the cornwall lll's. I'm debating on buying these or saving up for a new pair.

I am replacing my Polk Audio RT 5000p system which I love, but need to down size. I have it for sale and plan on

using the funds to purchase a set of cornwalls new or used.

Welcome to the Forum. The basic design, etc is the same for both models. While they are, in substance, the same design, the C-III's are improved in a number of ways (better grill attachment method, the midrange and tweeter are titanium diaphragms and the crossover is also improved). They are made from MDF rather than plywood which was used in the C-I's and early C-II's, and some will argue the merits of both, but the MDF is well sealed, etc., and does tend to reduce any unwanted resonance. Like the C-I's and II's, they are heavy...

See: http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/cornwall-iii-specifications/ for C-III specs and info.

See: http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/cornwall-ii-1-specifications/ for C-II specs, etc.

Hello Groomlakearea51, thanks for the information. I will be going over Friday to take a listen to the Cornwall ll.

For the price, I will probably pick them up and then upgrade the crossovers and drivers with Bob Crites assistance.

I'm very excited to get back into Klipsch speakers; my last pair were a pair of Forte ii. Regret selling them.

Thanks everyone; I have been in absolute heaven the last couple of days. I thought my Polk Audio RT-3000p's sounded good, but these just

Rock!!!!!! My wonderful wife walked into the living room and saw these huge speakers and said "Oh my where are you going to put these".

I sat her down put on one of her favorite CD's, kicked back and saw a very big smile on her face. She than said to me, the speakers are going

right there next to the fire place. Ahhhhhhhh! We sat there and rediscovered our music collection the rest of the evening.

These speakers belonged to a fellow Klipsch brother who passed away. His wife was moving and could not take them with her. She told me

that her husband would be very happy knowing that his beloved speakers were going to a fellow music lover who would take care of them.

Trust me, I will!

Just enjoy them, take time to listen to them before you start changing them. Take them for what they are, they were designed to sound the way they do, everyday I hear mine for the first time!

They are a great speaker! Great deal, take care of them!

jeff

I am replacing my Polk Audio RT 5000p system which I love, but need to down size.

My wonderful wife walked into the living room and saw these huge speakers and said "Oh my where are you going to put these".

I sat her down put on one of her favorite CD's, kicked back and saw a very big smile on her face.

I was wondering how you thought you would downsize by getting Cornwalls. confused.gifconfused.gif

I was also thinking you might get strung up if the need might be from the missus, yet you turned up with Cornwalls. Looks like it turned out OK.

Hello laager:

My polk system is very large (Polk RT 5000p), has a total of 4 subs each tuned in a little different. The center channel speaker has smaller subs and is huge and heavy, the main speakers have the mid duty with the larger sub taking on the very lows. These have been replaced with wall mounted Energy speakers, a company owned by Klipsch. While there is no comparison between the Polks, these have a very smooth mellow sound. They will be used for movie surround duty. The Cornwalls are going in custom cabinets on each side of the Fireplace. Not my favorite place for them but will make the wife happy! The cornwalls will be for 2 channel stereo play back. There is a good deal on a Rotel intergrated amp, would this be a good match with my speakers?

Sal