Album and CD storage pictures

Mike Dubay

I will soon be making a custom CD/Album storage unit for myself. I would like to have some pictures of what the forum users have to store albums and CDs and comments on the likes and dislikes of the system they have. I can start with my basic CD cabinet that I will be growing out of shortly that I purchased from Naked Furnature many years ago.

I plan on having open bins on top for albums, and pull out drawers for the CDs. My thought is that since the unit will be deep enough for Albums, putting CD in drawers would utilize the space better.

post-33301-13819525296176_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the cabinet on the left side of my HT component rack. Kinda filled it up! This is just an Ikea unit. Nothing fancy, but it does the trick.

CDStorage002Medium.jpg

Thus, to get more room - bought this unit at Best Buy. Actually is a pretty nice unit. Again, nothing fancy, but it does fill the bill. Has capacity to hold nearly 1,100 CDs. As you can see, it is already nearly half full (and I only bought this past spring):

CDStorage001Medium.jpg

Guest davidness

I LOVE my media storage solution. I use Middle Atlantic & Raxxess rackmount media shelves and drawers. They are VERY heavy duty, infinitely re-configurable, expandable, and I think they look great. They are definitely not for everyone.

Downsides; They are VERY heavy to move and fairly expensive, roughly $150 per relay rack plus $50-$80 per media shelf insert. Drawers run $100 to $250 each. It really adds up.

Here are two of many links to the products available on the internet:

Link

Link

They can be hard to find and source, but keep looking, as there are many options that not all retailers carry. Drawers, drawer inserts, etc.

post-38614-13819525335842_thumb.jpg

a couple sheets of 3/4" plywood and some 1x2 poplar. Most shelves are fixed for album size, the top shelf is moveable for books.

CD"s are in a built-in Mahogany shelf unit in my study with 1/4" glass shelves made by a local glass shop, using thinner shelves gives me more storage space.

post-10755-13819525376412_thumb.jpg

a couple sheets of 3/4" plywood and some 1x2 poplar. Most shelves are fixed for album size, the top shelf is moveable for books.

CD"s are in a built-in Mahogany shelf unit in my study with 1/4" glass shelves made by a local glass shop, using thinner shelves gives me more storage space.

Nice, Similar to what I want to do, but drawers for CD on bottom. Also the additional vinyl I will continue to work on..

I didn't recognize the avitar, but the user name I do. Are you back to the forum? I'm honored.