Album and CD storage pictures

Mike Dubay

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is mine, recently built from items going to the dump-recycling at it's best. The bottom section was a clothing display by Buck, I just turned it on it's side, the upper section is from an old office work station. Cut to seize, painted & staine. Used cinder blocks for feet, used wood filler to give it more of a fine finnish, not so industral looking with higher WAF. Stll trying design a replacement for the Buck logo, somthing Klipsch or?

Some day I will have my own cave, no WAF needed in decorating. I am reminded of how wonderfull that would be ever time I see a photo of Kaiser's & other members listening room's.

Cornman

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I went through a fairly radical "thinning the herd" process a while back. I made decisions on what I wanted to keep on CD / Vinyl and what could be ripped to digital (Apple lossless) storage. What remained was ~300 CDs and ~150 albums. They're displayed below in a pair of Ikea Billy bookcases with a Benno sandwiched between them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've still got a good bit of room for additional material and add on a regular basis. If and when this gets full I'll cull out the stuff I don't listen to much, rip it and store it in banker's boxes with the others.

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting ready to order one of those Ikea Expedit 2x4 cube bookcases for album storage. I don't live anywhere near a store so I decide to order online.

[st] Holy fricken shippin' cost rip off Batman! [:o]

Check out the charge for shipping... $349 to ship a $69 bookcase. (I cancelled the order)

post-38437-13819616921026_thumb.jpg

post-38437-13819620900822_thumb.jpg

I was getting ready to order one of those Ikea Expedit 2x4 cube bookcases for album storage. I don't live anywhere near a store so I decide to order online.

Storm Holy fricken shippin' cost rip off Batman! Surprise

Check out the charge for shipping... $349 to ship a $69 bookcase. (I cancelled the order)

I feel your pain. I wanted this one and started to order it then saw the charge. Luckily, I made a road trip that took me by a store and I got one. They work perfectly for albums.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@MechMan

There are 8 screws with the Expedit shelf. If you do not screw them in this can happen.

The 5x5 space shelf is 185cm x 185cm x 39cm and weighs 92.8kg. If you use the 8 screws you will not see another scene like the image above. Unless you use force and lots of it.

If the screws got lost call Ikea. They got everything.

-Mikkel