In light of the CBS 9/11 Special...

Mighty Favog

quote:

Citizens? where did you get that info? Are you sure you are well informed?

I heard that on the news. Also, as we know, most of them were legally living in the US on visas. Some or the were here illegally, but most were ledgitimate being in the US.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Maybe some were here on visas, student or otherwise, however, I am pretty sure none were citizens of the US. Precise information, statistics, and clear thinking would help before belting out ridiculous statements that create the impression that one is aligned with misguided or even paranoid nut cases and supremetist bigotry. I simply do not think it realistic to believe that hordes of foreigners have come to this country to put it down or destroy it from within. This type of thinking leads to hate crimes. Very bad. Very very bad.

-turbined and turbaned

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

they chose to protect people from ACCIDENTS, not from terrorist attacks... When a fire happens by accident or because of Mother Nature and a fireman dies, well, it won't all be in vain, he was doing his job, nothing really we can do, etc...

but when terrorist SCUM flies an airplane on a building and the building collapses, bringing thousands to their deaths, including dozens of firement, I feel sorry for EVERYONE, because this shouldn'T have happened in the first place, it was not an invevitable accident. it was the act of a coward fool who uses religion as a pretext to guide his disciples to their deaths while he laughs at the bottom of a cave. I will not feel sorry for him, and I don't think anyone will.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

quote:

Originally posted by DNTBY4N:

Can't say I feel sorry for the fireman, that is the job they chose.

Then be sure to tell that to any Firefighter that is about to risk his/her own neck to save your can despite how you got in the position your in to need one.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 03-22-2002 at 10:32 AM

Hey DNTBY4N. You said " Can't say I feel sorry for the fireman, that is the job they chose." If you are trolling, that is a real sorry way to do it. If you really feel that way about the dead fireman, then your statement is outrageous! I suppose you don't feel sorry for our brave people in the armed forces that have died, since they too chose that job. I have other things to say, but I better not! I'm sure others will put in their .02 concerning your statement.

Jethro..........

------------------

Everyone genuflect in unison in front of DNTBY4N!! We are all here to serve him....

DNTBY4N-- Are you implying that if a member of our Public Safety Dept. or Armed Forces saved you from fatal harm and died themselves doing it then you would not feel the least bit of gratitude; as if they owed it to you??

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 03-24-2002 at 12:56 AM

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over DNTBY4N's comments. He hasn't said anything intelligent since he joined this board. Just ignore him... I know I will.

There will come a time when he actually needs some advice and will come begging for it. With nary a reply, he'll eventually crawl back under his rock and just disappear...

Mike

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 03-24-2002 at 07:59 AM

genuflect

We are all here to serve him....

No, No need to do any of these. A fireman, a solider a police officer, does their job just like a car salesman, a plumber, a tool and die maker.

I go to my jobs every day. Nothing is owed to me.

Mike, as for me having nothing intelligent to say, well that could be, but you have to wait in line with the others to tell me that.

quote:

You're right I don't feel sorry for our soldiers either. They did enlist after all.

Bad taste and disgusting...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

• 1 month later...

tblasing

Hey, very nice story. You almost had me in tears hear at work. I just knew while reading it, it was going to end up sad (thank god it didn't). And all I could do was think about my two young sons and myself. I have a very soft spot in my heart when it comes to children and the relationships they have with their parents. Without a bink of my eye, I would lay down my life for my boys.

As far as Sept 11. Wow so many thing have gone through my head. But mostly it has been my wife and my boys. I was very fearfull for them for months and months. I suppose you could say the terrorists won in that aspect. They did strike fear in me.

I think the one thing that saddend me the most about the attacks was not so much the people who died, but all the children who lost parents. How do you explain to your 4 or 5 year old.... Mommy is not coming home anymore. Or Daddy is not comming home anymore. How? How can you do that and make it so the child is not fearfull and can understand?

For about six months prior to Sept 11th I used to be a serious online game junkie. I was playing a game called Tribes2 online almost every night. I couldn't wait to get home from work, I couldn't wait unil the boy were in bed so I could run off to the PC and play my game. If I was not playing my game, I was on my computer learning the latest programming technologies. I really took my family for grated. Eh, they will be here tomorrow, I can play with the boys another time. That kind of mentality. Needless to say, the terrorist attack rocked my world. It changed me in ways that I never imagined. It caused me to take a long look at how I had been almost a non existant father and husband. It made me not only feel as though I needed to change that, but made me want to change that. I think i have played that game twice now since sept 11. What is important to me now is being with my family. Ensuring that my boys know I love them, ensuring my wife has a husband around, not just a roomate.

Ya, Sept 11, though it was the most horrific thing I have ever witnessed in my life, it has really altered my way of living with my family for the better.

------------------

the m00n system

Should have my R3 system replaced with R7 this weekends>

FRONTS: RF-3II

CENTER: RC-3II

SURROUND: RS-3II

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>