Klipsch at Wal-Mart

kenratboy

Actually, Rowoo, there was a time when they didn't buy Firestone... and the company was sold to the Japanese as corporate scrap. Public opinion is the disorganized David that can dispatch any corporate Goliath when it gets its act together. -HornEd

Kruschev said that if he was going to hang The United States an American businessman would sell him the rope. The Business Class has little love for their Country and less for their Countrymen and hide their schemes to enrich themselves behind the veil of "Free Enterprise" and "The American Way" and are willing to sell the prosperity and strength of this nation down the drain for their own ends. They recoil at the thought of a trade war fought with their profits but are eager enough for wars fought with the blood of the citzenry. Which is fine, as a lifelong Irish Chicago Democrat steeped in politics since I was a child I'm not so naive as to expect people to not work in their own interests or to expect those interests to be noble. But what KILLS me is that the majority of people buy into supporting other people's interests and can't even identify their own, much less work towards them. I've talked to non-union boilermakers who told me that going union would be bad for them, this despite the fact they only make half what a union boilermaker makes and they've no benefits either. This is sheer stupidity and you hear it all the time. So many people are content to be jerks.

This message has been edited by TBrennan on 03-16-2002 at 01:58 PM

.Mike, can I have your Klipsch while you're in prison?

No, I was going to sell them at Wal-Mart before I get caught.

Zorro the Smilie will take care of them.

Sheesh! Now you got thinking about the Kaiser Aluminum trip that just finally got settled around here.

Both sides didn't really get anything.

The Mead Smelter is shut down.

and the Employees returned with less pay(Or the same)

after a 6, 8 month strike.

But they didn't kill the union.

Good thing, because it's hard work, and anyone who works there deserves good pay and benefits that won't be snatched away by the Company.

The subject is as ugly as this thread.

What is this the blue collar vent Thread??? Wink.gif Jeeze Louise last I checked this country had a Capitalistic Econ Structure. How soon here are You liberals going to wait before you start blaming W-MArt on W. Smile.gif

most of you morons probably own som Wal*Mart stock through your 401K and or mutual funds and don't even know it. try reading the annual reports Smile.gif Don't hear

any WMart stockholder complaining. I thought this Board wasn't supposed to be Political. Get a Life gentlemen. Smile.gif

------------------

go forth & hump the world

TBrennen, I hear you. I grew up the son of life long Democrat, Mayor of the City, President of a Teamsters Union and a man who strongly influenced which politicians got labor's endorsement in Northern California. I grant you that is not quite the same as Chicago 50-60 years ago... but it did get me a book in another local at a very tender age... and that's what I used to bootstrap my way up to an education and a business career.

Any of my former employees will tell you I never forgot my roots... and, hopefully, in reading my posts I still have not forgotten. Ask any of the high end executives or politicians I've dealt with... and they will tell you that the price of doing business with my firm often included at least token concessions toward better ecological and employee practices.

My political views and business style were based on what I could understand... and not a knee jerk response to any side... and one of the things I understood was that taking money just because you can is not good for businessmen or politicians.

One of the reasons, other than great sound, that I buy Klipsch products is because of my respect for Paul W. Klipsch... because he didn't forget his roots and that was reflected in how he did business. For many years now, it has been Fred Klipsch that has guided the company... but when I call customer service... it sure seems like the spirit of PWK is alive and well in Hope.

I have only one regret, tomorrow is St. Patrick's day and the closest I come to being Irish comes by way of having an in-law from the Old Sod. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, Tom, and all you Green wearin' lurkers out there! I'm off to celebrate the day South of Angel's Camp... where snow is forcast and I'll probably be dumb enough to prance around in my kilt but nay forget me flask! -HornEd

just FYI... wal-mart has a new store call Wal-Mart Market... it is a small grocery store that looks like an old mom and pop country store on the inside and out. great prices, great selection and great service... not great for the little stores around us, Albertson's has just been run out of Texas, closing 62 stores in texas... or is that just in the houston area?! even Randall's (aka Tom Thumb, owned by SafeWay), is not doing so hot. HEB, Wal-Mart, and Target, and Kroger Signature, are the strong arms out here right now.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I was at Sams buying food today; with 4 kids they eat a bunch.

Some of the funds I invest in surely have Walmart. No one could have predicted K Mart and Sears ill condition 15 years ago everthing goes in cycles. Walmart will suffer eventually they will run out of suppliers to take advantage of like Sears did.

I buy as much as possible from specialty stores bagels, HDTV, speakers and the like.

I am concerned the securities and exchange commission aproves everything proposed in mergers. For plastic mold filling analysis on computers( CAE) there were 2 major players C mold and Mold flow Austrailia. They were allowed to merge. They were the 2 top companies in the market; it makes no sense.

NAFTA I feel encourages Mexicans to stay at home to work; instead of sneaking into our welfare system in the states. I would rather keep dollars in our hemisphere. Mexico, Central and South America have allot of work to do but we have some things in common. Judeo Christian values, democracies and others.

I hate to spend a nickle if it goes to China. Just bought some made in the USA RED Wing shoes last week; they will last longer than 3 pairs made in China.

I have issues with NIKE as well; all that money they pay to Tiger Woods and MJ make me ill.

Flynn---I've been wearing Redwing workshoes for 20 years, used to use Chippewas but the quality went down. Redwings are an outstanding product and show what American management and workers can do. Sure you pay more, nothing is free including quality. I lather the bejesus out of the boots with Redwing oil several times a year and the uppers last for a couple of resoleings. But I go out of the Hall as a foreman or steward now, when I worked with the tools I was harder on the shoes, would eventually wear-out the toes or burn them up burning, gougeing and welding.

mdeneen,

My wife would like to burn some of my frequent flyer miles this summer since we have not been away from the kides for more than 36 hours in 3 years.

She likes the northern California weather and geography.

She really liked the time I took her to Calistoga.

Where is Hearaldsburg?

I pay college kids $10 an hour or more to help with house chores business travel precludes me from doing during the week.

I hire licensed tradesmen at scale for the more sofisticated tasks. Never have had concerns about quality.

Floor guy who put in my kitchen floor last June would not start installation of the new floor untill he had fixed all of the squeaks in the joists of my 47 year old house.

Citizens of developing countries have difficulties understanding the productivity and work ethic in the U.S. There are always exceptions but you cannot beat good old USA GNP and currency stability.

DNTBUY4N: THIS IS THE GENERAL TOPIC FORUM!!!

I love Redwing shoes. Yes, I got out of the store for $100. I wear New Balance, which is US made, but the quality is not great...Back to Nike.

Oh boy, Union talk. I can't say I am big on Unions. I don't have a problem with them, but then again, I have had no experience with them except strikes and moaning. I do appreciate the fact that unions were responsibe for many of the modern day safety procedures like HARD HATS and other essential stuff. If thats all I see of Unions, well, how do you think my opinions will develop?

You are complaining about Albertson's closing Justin? GOOD!!! In Reno, they are a bunch of low-life, overpriced stores that totally SUCK! I only go there to buy stuff thats on sale. I hope they are doing bad.

As for WINCO, long live and prosper! Nor frills, no crap, just a good, honest store. It is privatly held and employee owned (yes, mostly senior managers) but I think it is better than some.

Whoever brought up the "Blue Collar" comment. GOOD JOB. This is America. The fittest survive. If you don't like the establishment, DON'T shop there. It's like voting, whoever is the least popular, loses and withers. Hmmm, last time I checked, Wal-Mart was doing prett darn well, can you argue with that? I am not saying they are not using bad business practices (morally, not financially) but people like the stores and SPEND MONEY THERE.

As for the Hometown Wal-Mart's, that let's them bypass a lot of zoning restictions and build in areas that would be able to prohibit a full-sized Wal-Mart. Go figure.

Wal-Mart has been voted king with the American pocketbooks. Is there any denying that?

---------------------------------------------------

Has anyone see the movie "SCORE"? That is the best movie I have seen in over a year!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

HornEd and Mike I agree 100% with you,Crap-Mart destroys most smaller stores and then they hire the jobless folks at minimum(or near to minimum)wage.

Crap-Mart represents a lasy looser mentality,get you car,stove,stereo,chips and diapers ...and medication from ONE PLACE.The owner of Crap-Mart is filthy rich and almost all Crap-Mart slaves have to wear SMILE tags! LOL Sure they smile,they cant even live with the money they make,working at Crap-Mart must be a living HELL.I guess this should be a warning to all GET AN EDUCATION and a BETER JOB. Or you'll WEAR A SMILEY TAG and have to be polite to any schmuck and maven that walks in the circus.

I dont support Crap-Mart and never,eveeeer will.

HornEd you earned my full respect,you know to few like you inhabit this world.If only more would understand stores like Crap-Mart and Co. would not ruin smaller stores.

Mike you have made valid points too.Crap-Mart should be avoided.And I sure will avoid this exploitation hole.

Mdeneen right on,local economy is key.If the small guys loose their business they have to work for sharks like Crap-Mart .And with minimum wage or next to it the whole eceonomy will suffer,Crap-Mart sells mostly garbage not even made in north America.Why would I support this?

Justin do you work for Crap-Mart? Now put your smiley tag and smile when I shout at ya.May I refund my LoudMedias I dont like the sound.I want to speak to the underpaid manager please..NOW.Crap-Mart brainwashes their employes,they force positive thinking down thier throats.They stand for zombified robots with smiley tags.

You have to have a servant mentality and be submissive to work there! Ha

I was at Crap-Mart last week(yes Canada too is invaded by these huge dumpstores!)and all I saw were smiley dumb tags.I hate smiley tags,it makes me agressive and nervous. LOL If I see anyone with SMILE tag I will hurt them.

Justin REMOVE your SMILEY tage NOW

It makes me very nervous

Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

what smiley tag? and where have i said i support wal-mart, it kills the mom and pop places around me, gives out mass amerketed propriety products... don't care for 'm too much

what smiley tag?!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

TheEar....since you never support "Crapmart" and never, ever will, what the heck were you doing there last week? Come on, some of you are making it sound like a bus roams around neighborhoods and grabs individuals at gun point to put on a smiley tag on and work for minumum wages. To some this is a first time job, a way to learn some responsibility and pride, to others it's a chance to get out of the house and make a few bucks to help their spouse. Of course you can't make a living or raise kids on these minimal wages, but these jobs are crucial to our society. To raise the minimum wage to 15/hr, as suggested my Mdeneen, would be extremely detrimental to our economy.

Mdeneen,

Sounded like it was close.

I think we may get out there for 4-6 days the end of July or early August.

We like our lakes in Michigan but the climate in your neck of the woods is so pleasant.

-----------------

Resonsible kids that show up to work around here make $ 7-9 per hour; minimum wage adjusts up due to the value the employee brings.

--------------

Another of my brain farts(reality deviations) in line with standard of living is to keep our dollars with counties with similar ethical basis.

I do not want to buy oil from people that hate us and the proceeeds can be diverted to terrorist organizations. Or cheap imports from China that were made with slave labor and have poor quality.

Some reports indicate the Athabasca tar sands in Canada have more oil than the middle east, I have not read an update in a couple of years. It is supposed to be only financially feasible to extract at $ 40-45 per barrel.

Western hemishere economies could adjust to higher gas prices(they would still be lower than Europe)and let the restricted money flow dry up the adverserial governments in the middle east and elsewhere.

Dependency on fossil fuels(non renewable resource) will come to a head eventually.

And there was the story about the recently discovered bacteria in an Idaho hot spring that converts hydrogen to methane. Certainly a unique life form that may influence the energy policies in generations to come.

quote:

Originally posted by Vavoline:

Justin, must be the Houston area only...lots of Albertsons in Dallas..Wal Mart Markets too.

oh no, there are tons of albertsons out here, two by my house. but they are closing 62 stores in texas.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

rowooo looking at your avatar it looks like a smiley tag on these peeps full of pride.

And what was I doing at a Crap-Mart since I never,ever ...eveeeer support them?Returning a jigsaw I got as a gift! LOL Yeah returning it

Happy now

I felt sorry when I walked thru their "audio" section and saw one of their leading experts selling a all in one system to some sheep.I felt sorry,they would have to enjoy PMPO quality for a few years. Frown.gif

I however agree minimum wage jobs are crucial to the economy.I however tasted this type of job when I was in school and had to wear a stinking tag(no not Crap-Mart but the Rat Shack)on me and smile. LOL Its true its true,belive me it pushed me to advance in life and boy did I make sure I never eeeever work at one of those places again.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Uhhhh!

Most people (yes, MOST) working at Wal-Mart are not punching in the clock at 40 hours a week. I know lots of people, from ~17 to 40+ that work there 10-25 hours a week just for the money. They make a dollar or two MORE (not less) that any of the other chain stores and their working conditions are better. Work there more than 6 months and get company stock (yes, really) and a 10%+ raise. It is not a prision.

You can't raise a family and pay off a morgage working as an "ant" but it is a great place to work part time. The managers make big $$$ there, so whats all the winign about low wages about.

Also, I get treated BETTER at Wal-Mart (much more than a smile and "hello") than at the boutique grocery stores that are twice as expensive. I know where my money is going Smile.gif !

KLIPSCH RULES!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

quote:

Originally posted by mdeneen:

rowoo --- - So, if RAISING the minimu wage is detrimental, then we would have to say LOWERING it is beneficial?

mdeneen

Yea lowering the min Wage would increase employment.

Why don't we just leave it alone Til the economy recover some more. Wink.gif

OK mdeen now We know youre a screaming lib from the Left Coast so you can get off your soapbox anytime. Smile.gif

Oh and Earwax the French Marxist of course wants the Government to sell everything. CanGov Sub Outlets. LOL

------------------

go forth & hump the world