Klipsch at Wal-Mart

kenratboy

I was in my local, friendly Wal-Mart Super Center cruising around the electronics section looking for an antenna adapter and someone asked me if I needed help. I told him what I wanted and he started to walk me over to the part. While walking, I hade an off-hand joke about "Wal-mart carrying decent audio equiptment" and out of the blue he said Wal-Mart's may carry KLIPSCH SPEAKERS and some other audio equiptment by the end of the year. I was shocked, in a good way. He wasn't talking about Pro media or boxed theaters, but real speakers.

Now, I don't believe it. Can a Moderator come on and fix this mystery once and for all. I think he was just screwing around and my love for Klipsch blew his comment.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

i doubt he meant the home theater klipsch, but the Klispch ProMedia rather.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I hope this was a joke,because I will never buy Klipsch from them.

If Klipsch lets Wal-Mart sell their R series speakers its a new low for Klipsch.

I hope its just the ProMedia and Synergy at most.

I dont see Sunfire,Krell,Celeste,Dyanudio and Aerial being sold at Wal-Mart.Do you see Ferraris,Bimmers and BMWs being sold at a Hyunday or KIA dealer? NO

FYI I will never buy any quality HT or stereo gear from a mass market place.NEVER EVER

Not even if they were on their knees

TheEAR(s) Now theears

i don't think it would be anything other than the ProMedia line because wal-mart only sells speaker systems that are packaged together allready. i certainly hope that is all they are going to sell there...cwm6.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

quote:

I dont see Sunfire,Krell,Celeste,Dyanudio and Aerial being sold at Wal-Mart.Do you see Ferraris,Bimmers and BMWs being sold at a Hyunday or KIA dealer? NO

Yes, I have seen trade in BMW's and Mercedez-Benz at my local Korean Krap dealers. A sad sight indeed Frown.gif.

OK, I asked him and he said: "Like smaller bookshelf and home audio type speakers, there pretty expensive!" I think he was full of crap, but you never know. Again, I think he made a totally off-the-wall comment to the right person, me, to get a reaction.

HOWEVER. Klipsch is in Arkansas, so is Wal-mart...

FORUM ADMINISTRATIOR, where are you.

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

This would not surprise me. Where I live (Milwaukee WI) we have a store named American TV. I would compare it to a Best Buy, and they carry Klipsch. Not that I would ever go there to shop for a klipsch product.

Around here all the old high end stores of years gone by, have converted to catering to the masses. I went to a store that use to carry McIntosh Amps to inquire about the MC1000 monoblock model several years ago. They told me that when Clerion bought Mac they quality did not meet there standards. Thats funny - because in there store they were selling Yamaha, Sony, Adcom, NAD etc.etc. Ya - Like there better than MAC. What a Laugh....

Im not saying those products are crap. They are absolutely good for the money. But what he should have told me that they forgot how to sell real high end equipment.

I feel sorry for anybody who goes to these stores not knowing what they are looking for and actually try to get advise from YAHOOs like that.

Anyhow - My 2 cents.

JM

I cannot believe how BIG of a city you need before you get some decent hi-end audio stores. London, LA, and SF are the only places i've been where they have them, but London was overpriced and snobby, California is OK for the expensive toys. I don't even know if Sacramento (2 million people) has any good hi-end audio!

------------------

i would buy from wal-mart, just put my heresy next to my milk, towels, riding lawn mower, computer, tv, broccoli, dog, dog food, tire, gasoline container, gun, fishing pole, box of light bulbs, kiddie pool, and house plant Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Wall Mart can sell Klipsch, as long as they don't put a V chip on the music you play through them.

Like their Lame little CD censorship.

(But anyone who buys CD's from Wallmart is a complete Dunderhead anyway.)

If I want my Klipsch's to spew out profanity, that's my trip!

Wallmart: Run all the Mom and Pop establishments out of town, then hire them for minimum wage.

I hate Wallmart.

Die.

Mike L:

Wal-Mart sells censored versions of CD releases to avoid tarnishing that "all American" image. I will not buy any entertainment software from Wal-Mart. If I buy a release, I don't want to be left wondering if I got the "abridged" version. Stuff like Tom Petty's "Let's get to the point, and roll another ...... gets changed - Wal Mart gets special copies from the manufacturer.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Lindsey:

Thanks for the explanation. How about their DVD's?

Mike

DVD has the standard rating system, G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17, X, that is safe for them, they don't need to alter the DVD or movies like CD's because CD's do not have a standard rating system.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

What about 'Don't step on the grass, Sam'?

Do be such a jerk, Sam?(Yeah, Right!)

What about the bust at the end of the song?

Would they edit it?

What are they trying to prove?

Are they going to change whats wrong in today's society by selling 'Clean' CD's?

Do they want to keep Tipper Gore Happy?

Who gives a good gawddamn about her?

Censor Wallmart.

WALLMART & TIPPER GORE: Die.

Mike, I think you missed one of my pet peeves about Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart gained its strength by creating stores in small town America with which local mom & pop businesses could not compete pricewise. Thus, much of the small town business infrastructure went away... just as you have described.

The ugliest part comes when Wal-Mart execs decide to close a store down because it doesn't yield enough profit... then the community has no Wal-Mart... and it no longer has a local infrastructure to replace it. I have seen more than one town across America hobbled by the empty building that was Wal-Mart.

I don't think I will chose Wal-Mart as the place to buy my next new Klipsch product. They may continue to wave our flag, presume to protect our morality and increasingly bring more foreign goods at the expense of American jobs... but not on my nickel. As a veteran, I served notice by putting my life on the line when I believed America was in danger from "Kremlin Guided Communism." Should I be less willing to put my savings on the line to fight "Wal-Mart Guided Consumerism" as a danger to America? -HornEd

No, HornEd.

I did not miss your peeve about Wallmart at all.

Your first two paragraphs of your last post about Wallmart are exactly one of my biggest peeves about Wallmart other than selling censored CD's.

Does Wallmart care if they ruin the infrastructure

of mom and pop establishments in a small town, then move away when they figure out there was no money for them in the first place?

I dought it.

But as Consumers, we have the right to where we shop.

Like in this area, all these outfits, Cicuit city, Wallmart,Best Buy, Target, Shopco etc..etc..

They roll in here, build their stores, find out there is no money in Eastern Wa.(Hello?!), then move away.

Or they build a store on one block, then a year later, they build another store a block away, and shut the other one down, (Same outfit, too.)

It's like a urban sprawl of empty buildings and parking lots.

I don't get it.