ACE's super-awesome happy day! (New PRETTY Cornwalls!)

ace168516

Already looking into in Marvel haha...Hotel rates are crazy cheap now...gas and time are the major concern...Looking at roughly 3500 miles round trip...since I have to take the Explorer to fit them, that is going to be about $600 is gas round trip. It will be well worth it either way, but safety of the goods is critical...that is why I am trying to see if the vault still exists. Forward air has a terminal in vegas and in Indy if CP1 infact has it...just trying to minimize the damage.

I actually saw these on Craigslist, which is funny because I do not check that often, but I thought "What am I going to do with another pair of speakers?" When Jeff contacted me he was apprehensive to tell me why he wanted them for fear that I may buy them. Anyway, he spilled the beans and I agreed to pick them up. This was Saturday morning.

I explained to my wife that I was going to go pick up yet another pair of spekaers for some guy in Illinois. She said, "You are going to Illionois to pick up more speakers, right now?" Which didn't seem that unusual because I did drive to LA, about 12 to 13 hours round trip on little sleep and with a hangover to pick up a pair of speakers on a Sunday after we had a party the night before.

Anyway, I explained that some guy I never met or talked to before contacted me through the internet and asked me to go out and buy some speakers from a guy who lives in a shady neighborhood here in Vegas, and I was going to pay for them. Do you want to come?" After all of these years this made perfect sense to her and she agreed if I took her to Starbucks, so we were on our way.

These really are beautiful. A light sanding and some new urethane and they will be as new. I hooked them up and everything works too. I need to take some pics but I have been really busy.

Chris, you have already gone above and beyond for some guy in Illinois you have never spoken to and do not know haha...if you want to take pics, do it at your leisure. Thanks for the "legend" status Marshall...I figured I would put my stamp on some klipsch history at some point. You may have a part in it as well, as I will need some grills at some point...right now just working out some delivery or pick up scenarios. When I saw the ad I really thought they were Ramblin Rose...when I got the high res ones, I thought they were the other ramblin rose pattern (I think budman's were the 20s, and there as a RR10 pattern as well) I did not find they were Persian Nutwood till Chris called me with the finish code...I obviously told him I did not expect that...but that was a great surprise to find that a pair infact were built in PNGL and I was going to own them.

Finallly!!!! I've tracked down and now know an owner of ..... Persian Nutwood Cornwalls!!!

Ace, my man, you are now a "legend" and a part of history!!!

I' still making notes for the next version of: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/103886.aspx

Well, technically I'm the "legendary" owner right now [:|], and I had the very rare K Horns in Tigerwood before.

Sad story, only 6 pairs of Korns built in Tigerwod, and mine made it across the country only to die in a flood before the new owner ever hooked them up. That kind of hurt.

Uh oh, I think my post above scared Jeff. He really wants to pay me right away. I know, kind of evil but I could not resist.

He called when I had company over and could not take the call and I almost told my wife to tell him that I had someone over looking at a pair of "big old speakers" but I thought that would be too evil. I checked with Amy and I cannot change my username to "PersianNutwoodCorns" so he doesn't have to worry anyway.

I'll try to post some pics this weekend. The grain on these is really nice. They will be beautiful when they are refinished. I'm tempted to do the crossovers just to hear the difference.

too funny chris...you will always be part of the saga of the PersianNutwoodCorns. I was not too worried as after 3 pages of posts, I would be giving you flac forever if you changed your mind...and would release the hounds...or atleast a really sad picture of my son with a caption like..."TigerwoodKhorns stole the speakers daddy was going to leave me...now I have to listen to Bose" :(

I have a pair of Klipsch OEM Cornwalls grills with black cloth that I took off my 1980 C-WL's to replace with cane ones to match my other speakers that I would offer to sell you if you don't source some elsewhere. They are in excellent condition and in the original Klipsch shipping carton that the cane ones came in.

Lemme know. Beautiful speakers.