Haiti Quake

neo33

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, if you want to burn our flag, then go ahead...

I am neither condoning, nor suggesting, that our flag be burned. I am, however, suggesting that I care about Haiti, that I care about people, and that I'm proud to live in a country that doesn't kill people; simply, for burning our flag. We don't both have to agree with our Supreme Court...

I realized that I told the joke wrong, so maybe this is all just a big misunderstanding:

A Republican, a Democrat, and a Klipsch forum member are attending a gun control meeting at the Catholic church, when Amy...

Well, if you want to burn our flag, then go ahead...

I am neither condoning, nor suggesting, that our flag be burned. I am, however, suggesting that I care about Haiti, that I care about people, and that I'm proud to live in a country that doesn't kill people; simply, for burning our flag. We don't both have to agree with our Supreme Court...

I realized that I told the joke wrong, so maybe this is all just a big misunderstanding:

A Republican, a Democrat, and a Klipsch forum member are attending a gun control meeting at the Catholic church, when Amy...

It's all in the timing... and this could be really funny.

"We get something for all this.... THEY BURN OUR FLAG IN THE STREETS why doesn't someone care about that???"

There are complex reasons for them to hate the USA; this is just a start:

"American troops in Haiti, under the command of the federal government,
forced the Haitian legislature to choose the candidate Wilson selected
as Haitian president. American troops occupied Haiti between 1915 and
1934."

Interference continues to this day:

http://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot#p/u/0/ijf2hIwBgFc

I care. We wrote a check the day after the quake hit. My youngest brother is down there with the Army, helping. My wife is part of the St. Louis VA Emergency Response team, speaks fluent French, and is a BSN with a passport. She may end up there for a couple weeks. Chest beating is not required to help.

I oam one of four bothers that have served a combine 42 years in the military. In our country that we have served, dissenters and flag burners do not get sent to gulags to die. A free press, and guaranteed free speech within societal bounds are what have kept our country together for over 200 years. We can disagree, and argue vehemently, but in the end, we are Americans, and we continue to offer hope to the world.

I just wish we could spend as freely to help Haiti as we do in Iraq and Afghanistan, where people try to blow up our assistance.

Okay, so I am being a little harsh on the flag burners but I do believe in the constitution of our country. Just that I think our justice system is pretty much screwed up. If you are poor and someone framed you for a crime you did not commit, you are screwed. And when you are rich like Bill Gates you can even buy the president. Anyone and everyone can be corrupted. Don't tell me that money can't buy justice.

I oam one of four bothers that have served a combine 42 years in the military. In our country that we have served, dissenters and flag burners do not get sent to gulags to die. A free press, and guaranteed free speech within societal bounds are what have kept our country together for over 200 years. We can disagree, and argue vehemently, but in the end, we are Americans, and we continue to offer hope to the world.

Back on topic. A confirmed 155,000 bodies have been burried by the Haiti government. 1.8 million people are still homeless. U.S. soldiers and U.N. peackeeping troops work tirelessly to help the quake victims but not fast enough, exclaimed many of the victims.

I am quite surprised at the high number of death tolls in this 7.0 magnitude quake. The 1990 Loma Prieta in the SF Bay Area was also 7.0 but only 300 death as a result.

I am quite surprised at the high number of death tolls in this 7.0 magnitude quake. The 1990 Loma Prieta in the SF Bay Area was also 7.0 but only 300 death as a result.

We have building codes in the U.S. They make concrete buildings with NO reinforcing rods, etc. It is a great tragedy.

Paul leaves for Haiti tomorrow... he will be in my prayers.

Bruce

• Moderators

Yes, Paul is a good man. He will be in mine, too.

We have many kind people here at the Klipsch Forums.

Paul leaves for Haiti tomorrow... he will be in my prayers.

Paul, as all the other folks going into Haiti will be in our prayers. This forum has some of the most kind hearted people I have ever met.