Jamboree plans

bmar

With all due respect, the above two posts are giving bad advice.

The Jamboree was designed and patented by Dana A Moore. You can do a patent search on his name to get the details on the cabinet. You can also do a search of the threads to get additional information. I think Dana also has a small business where you can buy finished cabinets.

With that in mind, why not contact him directly. In the past he has let others build his cabinets, but I do not know what his current policy is. However, that is his decision and we should respect that. Have you tried contacting him?

Tom I agree completely, and whenever someone contacts me for the plans I always refer them directly to Dana. I believe his website address is www.sonicraft.com I'd rather not give his email address out on the forum, but if someone contacts me I'll give it to them.

Besides the person who started this thread, I know of three other people who are building Jamboree bass bins. I think someone needs to coordinate the builds into one thread. That could be very helpful to have tips and guidance shared among all.

Greg

• Like 1

Tom I agree completely, and whenever someone contacts me for the plans I always refer them directly to Dana. I believe his website address is www.sonicraft.com I'd rather not give his email address out on the forum, but if someone contacts me I'll give it to them.

Besides the person who started this thread, I know of three other people who are building Jamboree bass bins. I think someone needs to coordinate the builds into one thread. That could be very helpful to have tips and guidance shared among all.

Greg

I agree also, as Dana sent me his plans directly. The only problem I would see with combining the threads would be the timing of the builds. What we might be able to do is to provide links to all of the past and present threads on the first post at the start of one or all of the builds. I know how many hours that I have spent going through posts to find what I was looking for and that might help. I believe that Winchester has started his, but I haven't seen a thread yet. I'm still weeks away from getting going on mine.

Dern Tom, I wasn't aware those plans were so protected. Obviously you can't build for sale...that would be wrong for sure. I must be out of the loop of knowing something. If that's the case.......I'm sure he can get them from Dana. I'll stay out of it.

Does anyone have the link to the patent. I have the article that he wrote up for the patent....but that may have changed on the final patent acceptance.

jc

Dern Tom, I wasn't aware those plans were so protected. Obviously you can't build for sale...that would be wrong for sure. I must be out of the loop of knowing something. If that's the case.......I'm sure he can get them from Dana. I'll stay out of it.

Does anyone have the link to the patent. I have the article that he wrote up for the patent....but that may have changed on the final patent acceptance.

jc

I wasn't trying to give bad advice jc, it's telling him exactly what I did when I posted a similar thread, looking for those plans. I sent Dana an e-mail and asked if he would mind if I built a set for personal use and he sent them to me. I asked him out of respect, and was told that it was his patent.

• 1 year later...

Bump for 2011 and since the world is ending tomorrow, I figured I'd try to find a set to audition before I build a set of my own.

At least you'll be able to turn them up loud and not bother anyone...

I have a copy of the plans for Dana's Ascent cabs.

Anyone else build a set of these yet? Bump for 2011 and since the world is ending tomorrow, I figured I'd try to find a set to audition before I build a set of my own.

If you want to travel to Maine, you can hear the ones I have for sale.

Greg

Not that I know of.This is Dana's design and I've not seen the plans. I was going to build a set for myself since I'm retired from the audio business now. I have Jube plans and Hartsfield plans so I'm going with either of those two. I believe any of the three can be voiced quite dramatically and with out splitting hairs I would be happy listening to them all.

Bill

• 4 years later...

I would suggest that a University Classic or the corner version of the Classic which is called the Dean would be a better build. Simpler and both the Classic and the Dean (essentially the same horn) have fewer bends with fewer reflections and will play about as low as a Jamboree but much more importantly will play much higher high enough in fact to permit the building of a two way with a domestically sized mid/hi horn There are updated designs for the University Classic here in the forum archives. This is well worth your consideration.