Smallest room you've tried Klipsch Lascalas in??

Seethemusic

We Love Pictures!!! [Y]

348242259uQbgHy_ph.jpg

Here's the front end of my little KEF theater! Notice the Adcom "555" is on the bottom shelf of the rack. I think it exceeded the weight of the glass shelf by about 6lbs or so. I figured if a shelf is going to break, it should be the BOTTOM Shelf!!! [^o)] Everyone always asks.....what is the little TV on top of the rack? It is for the security camera's. I realized I could not hear the door bell most of the time and found a solution. [;)]

We love pictures!

Dennie

Everyone always asks.....what is the little TV on top of the rack? It is for the security camera's. I realized I could not hear the door bell most of the time and found a solution. Wink

You know its so you can see the cops coming, that way you can turn it down before they even ring the door bell. Loud music what loud music I don't hear any loud music.

Well, I'm not really sure how small, no matter where you put they sound good. The picture is of my newly modified Belles with I guess what they call a ALK Jr. crossover. Richard was not far from wrong in the background is the toilet, but at present the milk is the sweet spot, but just got to turn them 90 degrees and you have another good listening spot

cb

post-32367-13819540998282_thumb.jpg

post-32367-13819568304824_thumb.jpg

post-32367-13819569407148_thumb.jpg

Now that's a true "man cave"!!! [Y]

Go ahead!!! Turn them!!! Please describe the bass as it's accentuated by the resonance characteristics (doorway) and the enhanced effects from the audiophile grade, contoured "throne"... LOLOL!!!!

In the "end", when you finish the "movement" (speakers...) you may be able to say, "Holy Sh*t" that sounds good (the speakers....) [6]

[H]

I have only one place were i will be able to set up my Lascalas, its a room the size of 11ftx19ft with 8ft ceilings. Should I even bother to try them there or just store them in my garage for now until I get a better place for them. If anyone has used them in a similar size room , let me know how it was.

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

If you are going to listen to them in two channel, place them on the long wall.

Roger

Hi again guys,

I got the Lascalas set up in my small room. Like most of you said, they should sound fine in there . Yup you were right, they sounded way better than I expected. I thought for sure the bass would be uncontrolled and the soundstage would be all over the place. Bass was fine and the soundstage was a little smaller but still very detailed and life like.

My previous basement setup 15x24x7 had a bigger soundstage and a sweeter sweet spot and maybe little more warmth to the sound but I could live with the set up in this small 10w x 19L x 8ft room (notice correction, not 11ft wide)..

I have had set ups in in 4 different homes in my life time, with a total of 6 different rooms.. I've owned more than 30 pairs of speakers some very nice ones such as Legacy Focus, Energy Veritas 1.8's, PSB Stratus Golds, Energy Reference 22's, Paradigm Monitor 90p's. To me these were all great speakers in their own ways and I am sure If I had better rooms at the time of owning them (still have the Reference 22's) I would be very happy with the sound of them and would have kept them.

I listen to many different kinds of music, (as long as its well recorded) and it seemed whenever I changed from one type to another I would have to reposition speakers to get the best sound from them. With the Lascalas, once I got them positioned 4 inches from side walls and rear walls witha slight toe in then I rarely would move them again. Any type of music I put to them was sounding just fine:) (great actually[:)] )

I've come to the conclusion that if I would have owned the Lascalas a long time ago i would not have gone through so many speakers (but i have to admit it has been fun) I definately enjoy trying new things out and , even today i still have app. 12 pairs of speakers, some for movie room and others stored but I bring them out once in a while:).

Another point i would like to mention was how changing the crossovers from the AL's to the AA's (with new caps) made a nice difference too. Just about everything about them improved with that. Once again a recommendation from the Klipsch forum crew:) Thanks guys..

I also have a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls I picked up about 2 years ago for $160.00 hehe (ya I know).. Have them set up in my studio( little Jamming room) they have work great there, never had any modifications except put them up on 18" wooden crates and nearfield to give them more of a monitor sound. Couldn't ask for much better:)

Gonna try and get some pictures up soon:)

Thanks again guys

Mike

I got the Lascalas set up in my small room. Like most of you said, they should sound fine in there . Yup you were right, they sounded way better than I expected. I thought for sure the bass would be uncontrolled and the soundstage would be all over the place. Bass was fine and the soundstage was a little smaller but still very detailed and life like.

Have you got them set up on the long wall or the short wall? Placing them further apart will usually improve the soundstage.

Set up on the short wall, if I do it the long way I'll be sitting in the doorway of the room and speakers in front of the bay windows. I am pretty happy with it this way for now. In a few weeks I'll be getting my basement set up again as soon as the renovations are complete. (new walls and insulation and foundation repair). But thanks for the advice..