ZU 103 cartridge

winchester21

Hi Gregg,

I kind of wondered if he bought the one HarryO was selling, but I never dug any deeper. I just wanted to make sure it was compatable. I have both versions of the 3009 and I learned the hard way about the match-up. I just did not want to see anyone make the same mistake I did. OP will be very happy with that combo.

Jeremy

Took the plunge today- bought the 103r new- E -bay 287.00 shipped. Bought the PS audio pre NIB for 600 shipped. I dont understand what all the crazy prices on a zu modded 103 r are all about. I have seen some stupid money-700- asked for them on AG and elsewhere like you cant get them. ZU takes 3-7 days to do the mod for 200+ shipping. Nice folks -Talked to them today. So I will have a shade over 5 bills invested. It pays to do your homework.

I was able to call retailers on the PS audio and negoiate. I was able to buy NIB direct drop shipped from the facftory at 40% off retail and lower than used units on AG.

Now the wait...............

• 4 weeks later...

I agree the zu could use a guard. I am thinking I should carve one out of a piece of bass wood. I think I will try it.

My best set up continues to be the zu on a ortofon as309s with a thorens td 124. I was surprised that it even sounded better than a ortofon spu classic on my system. My zu sounded best through a step up transformer I got for the spu so I sold the spu and kept the step up.

I am playing with pure vinyl variable riaa software and I will try the zu with it this weekend and report my results.

I hope you like your zu as much as I do.

Hey Mike, Let us know when you get. The reports I've read show everyone received them but the tracking and time frame was off with that company. One guy reported his was showing backordered and in the same day he received it.

I would say this deal won't last forever, It's kinda weird how this company is selling them.

Brad

Well, according to the USPS website this was delivered today. Unfortunately, I don't get home until Friday to check it out. Will let you know if it arrived unblemished. If it's as advertised this is a fabulous price for a under appreciated cartridge in the hifi community.

Mike

Hey Mike, Let us know when you get. The reports I've read show everyone received them but the tracking and time frame was off with that company. One guy reported his was showing backordered and in the same day he received it.

I would say this deal won't last forever, It's kinda weird how this company is selling them.

Brad

Hey Brad,

Good to see you here and nice avatar too!!!

Jay

I just got mine today. I ordered on the 21st. It came via USPS Priority. Kinda silly, I didn't need it yet (have a 103, and a Zu103R in the box), but I thought a spare (at a good deal) was a good idea.

Mike, does your white Denon box have a trippy irridescence to it?

Mile, does your white Denon box have a trippy irridescence to it?

Fini, I the next time you find those funny looking california shrooms just send them to me.

How is your TD124 coming together?

Hmm...Calling Mike "Mile" should have been the first clue...(edited in my post above).

The Thorens is on hold right now. I'm waiting for an opportunity to spend a block of time on one project. I have a few doodads to install (like rebuilding the motor--again--with new bushings, trying to eliminate some unacceptable motor noise.

OK, here's proof it wasn't the mushrooms (I didn't know they sold them at Costco--I swear!):

post-3580-1381958346466_thumb.jpg