My New 2ch system

Yesterday I set up my new 2 ch system in the living room. KG 4s in the corners, H H Scott 299D from Mark back east, Technics DD TT w Shure V15III. I listened to Jimi Hendrix, 200 g, brand new. Also Pet Sounds (200 g new) and a live Big Brother (not a great source). I am blown away! I know you folks who have been listening for years and probably have higher quality systems are saying ho-hum but it's new to me and I can't believe the difference between tubes and ss. I have an Integra in my HT and always thought it sounded pretty good through my La Scalas but the tubes really make the KG 4s thump. I heard sounds on Pet Sounds that I didn't know were there. Anyway, I just wanted to share my bliss. It is different sitting down to listen to music rather that the music just being background. I'm a happy camper. btw, Mark did a great job on the amp. It is stone quiet with tele tubes.Half volume fills the room and probably makes the neighbors wonder if there's a party.

Great to hear that you are happy with your new setup, post some pictures when you can.

I know you folks who have been listening for years and probably have higher quality systems are saying ho-hum but it's new to me

That is BS, all that matters is that you are happy with your setup and can enjoy listening all over again.

James

I can't believe the difference between tubes and ss.

=====================================

It is really cool to hear about your experience.

For a couple of decades I could not get as cool a sound as my parents 1959 top of the line Motorola tube console.

HT made music even less musical with all the ICs in the signal path.

Simpler is better.

Back into tubes since 2001 and curretnly listening to my office stereo on an old Scott 208 power amp (NOS VALVES maximum mods).

> I know you folks who have been listening for years and probably have higher quality systems are saying ho-hum...

no ho-hum. [:D] Thanks for sharing your experience! Bet is sounds magical. I'm in the process of ditching SS also. [Y]

Thanks for sharing your experience. So, you know, it will never stop! You will start tube rolling, crossover changing, wire upgrades etc. etc. etc...... Enjoy the ride!

PS: Are you anywhere near Depoe Bay? My folks live there in the liquid sunshine, near Cape Foul Weather. I told them before they moved there that, in police work, we call that a clue! I do enjoy going to The Rouge Brewery in Newport. Love that "Dead Guy" ale!

Enjoy the music!

Tubes... they can be such simple circuits. I certainly enjoy my 3.5 watt 2A3 amps on my La Scalas. They carry me away... magical, realistic, whatever you want to call them. I know there are SS amps that can do the same thing, but I am wondering if they might cost a bit more.

The JH I listened to was from a box set of 8 200g vinyl.

there are many out-takes and unreleased so the quality is variable; some very good, some OK.

Yesterday I was on my way home after picking up a pair of K-Horn from Rick and heard "NEW JH" on a Seattle radio station.

Don't remember the song but they said there was an album too.

Sounded Ok but I was listening inside a diesel truck at 70mph on I-5

It's amazing the number of albums dead musicians release.