Need Help to Build LaScala

Arash

hello there [:)]

I'm From Iran and there is no way i can buy a Klipsch Scala from here. i can manage to make the Boxes With MDF but unfortunately i can't buy the TUITER, Mid-Range and Woofer the Klipsch Model so i want the technical speficications of the parts like OHM and WATT and ampedanse so i can buy the same tuiter and midrange and woofer with other brands like JBL, Pioneer, Sony and make my own Scala [:D]

i also want a schematic design from Crossover so i can make it too...

any help would be appreciated [Y]

y

hello there Smile

I'm From Iran and there is no way i can buy a Klipsch Scala from here. i can manage to make the Boxes With MDF but unfortunately i can't buy the TUITER, Mid-Range and Woofer the Klipsch Model so i want the technical speficications of the parts like OHM and WATT and ampedanse so i can buy the same tuiter and midrange and woofer with other brands like JBL, Pioneer, Sony and make my own Scala Big Smile

i also want a schematic design from Crossover so i can make it too...

any help would be appreciated Yes

y

Hi Arash and welcome to the forum. User BEC can help you with the drivers & crossovers. His website is www.critesspeakers.com. Also talk to user Al Klappenberger about crossovers as well. His website is www.alkeng.com. Here's a copy of the plans also if you need them.....good luck. John

LaScala11.pdf

Hi Arash and welcome to the forum. User BEC can help you with the
drivers & crossovers. His website is www.critesspeakers.com. Also
talk to user Al Klappenberger about crossovers as well. His website is
www.alkeng.com. Here's a copy of the plans also if you need
them.....good luck. John

--------------------

thankyou very much for your help... but i was wondering if you or any other friends has any information about the technical features of the speakers like tuiter, mid-range and woofer... i can purchase the same speakers with JBL, Sony, Pioneer, etc. do you think if i use such brands my final result Scala would sound like the original ones?

i'm can stop building a Scala ... whats your idea about Klipschorm?? is it better than Scala? I love the classic design of Scala[;)]

tnx for any guidance [Y]

The woofer is an Eminence K33, the midrange is an Electrovoice K55 mated to a Klipsch K400 horn & the tweeter is an Electrovoice T35. I feel it may be a bit ambitious to try to duplicate the sound of the original Klipsch La Scala with different components. My advice would be to be guided by the people mentioned previously as they have a huge amount of experience with the heritage Klipsch products. As far as the La Scala versus the Klipschorn, the La Scala is a great sounding speaker, but the Klipschorn was Paul W Klipsch's ultimate design for home reproduction.Having said that, I am more than satisfied with the sound of my La Scala's,

Cheers,

John [:)]

the midrange is an Electrovoice K55

Huh? The midrange is also made by EV? I thought it was Atlas or some other brand?

Regardless, welcome to the forum & enjoy your build. Have you ever heard LaScalas? What made you decide on them? I think that would be an interesting story?

Good luck!

the midrange is an Electrovoice K55

Huh? The midrange is also made by EV? I thought it was Atlas or some other brand?

Regardless, welcome to the forum & enjoy your build. Have you ever heard LaScalas? What made you decide on them? I think that would be an interesting story?

Good luck!

thankyou dude... yes once one of my friends had a original Lascala and the sound was unbelievable but he suddenly decided to modernize the Box and now it is a very common and not intersting speakers since he messed up with the Box [:(]

there nowhere i can buy original Klipsch components.... what to do? i can buy from amazon or other online shops but it would cost me 1.5 times more the real prices... what to do??? how much will it cosr me for a full package including a pair of tuiter, a pair of horn mid-range and a pair of woofers and maybe crossovers???

any link to buy?

tnx alot hellping me to have a Scala [Y]

K-55M - EV

K-55V,K-55X - Atlas

Don't think I ever knew that!

Since I also have a pair of EV's, if my LaScalas have two out of three drivers made by EV, does this mean I'm more into EV sound than Klipsch sound?

I might have to go find a new forum...[6]

i can purchase the same speakers with JBL, Sony, Pioneer, etc. do you think if i use such brands my final result Scala would sound like the original ones?

Using the right components is the best way to get the right sound. La Scalas are designed to work with their specified drivers and using other drivers, even more expensive ones, usually results in worse sound.

Check the prices of the drivers you can get easily and compare them with the prices of the proper Klipsch drivers and you may find the proper drivers are not that expensive.

i can purchase the same speakers with JBL, Sony, Pioneer, etc. do you think if i use such brands my final result Scala would sound like the original ones?

Using the right components is the best way to get the right sound. La Scalas are designed to work with their specified drivers and using other drivers, even more expensive ones, usually results in worse sound.

Check the prices of the drivers you can get easily and compare them with the prices of the proper Klipsch drivers and you may find the proper drivers are not that expensive.

you're right to a 100 percent... i would very much like to have the original Klipsch components and make the Box with MDF and then explode [;)] but i'm from Iran (mid-east country under sanctions) and it hard to buy the original ones... but i have a friend in Italy (Talamona city) so i was wondering he could purchase the original components for me and post them to Iran... do you know anywhere in Italy sell these things??? or at least ship on a fairly price to italy?? if so any link???

$$?

tnx for your help

Go to www.critesspeakers.com & they will be able to help you with pricing for all the components,
John

tnx dudes for hellping me but it will cost me 300$ for shipping to Italy and then there is another shipping to Iran and it would be a nightmare... is there any place located in Europe or Asia where i can purchase the parts???

tnx

You can use different drivers for the midrange and tweeter without too much compromise. The woofer is made for Klipsch by Eminence (huge manufacturer of drivers here in the U.S.). You could check with speaker manufacturers in Europe to see what is close to the woofer (TS parameters shown below).

SPEC 15162
PART # K-33

RE OHMS 3.39 FS HZ 34.46
LE MH .96 MMS GMS 78.59
QM 7.39 CMS mm/N .2714
QE .410 RMS NS/M 2.3037
QT .390 VAS LTRS 301.66
XMAX MM 8.20 SD SCM 889.59
BL TM 11.88 EBP 84.4
EFF % 2.91 SPL dB 96.6
Wattage 150rms

What ever you build, it won't really be quite like a Klipsch LaScala, but you will still get the fully horn loaded, highly efficient sound.

The EV midrange is one of the few 1" throat compression drivers that an be used down to 400Hz. A replacement is not easy to find. It's possible the PD-5VH can be obtained in Italy or other European country. Not sure how your currency is against the Euro right now.

Bruce

I don't know if you have any interaction with U.S. Service Members. A service member could have the components shipped to him at U.S. Postal Rates to his military address (APO). Just thought I'd throw it out as a possibility.

tnx dudes for hellping me but it will cost me 300$ for shipping to Italy and then there is another shipping to Iran and it would be a nightmare

Shipping of K-55-M (bought from ebay) to Poland (also EU) was about 58 USD (plus 90USD for drivers). Bob ships woofers for about 135 USD (plus woofers price of course). So complex shipping would be about 190 USD (if you buy squaker from Bob I think it could be combined somehow). Of course there are some taxes and customs. For tweeter you can buy Eminence APT-150 (from Europe) to lower the price.

I have a question... please help

i wanted to DIY a KS myself... the whole parts from Bob Crities will cost me about 1500$ (shipping included) becasue I'm from Iran. recently i found out that one of my friends used to have a pair of LaScalas but have changed the cabinet so now they look like Cornwall... i can take them for about 800$

so will you sudggest to buy them for 800$ and make cabinets that would cost 150$ (here)?

is it better to make cabinet in two parts or united? (i mean the bass bin seprated from the top section or not?)

tnx alot dudes

800$ is great price for non US, local buy. If I had a chance to buy them I would go for it (even without rebuilding them for LaScalas).

they are black and i dislike black...black takes no other hue.... but i can manage to take them for 700$ and send it to you if you'd like them for 800$... shipping would be around 110$ to U.S ... just whistle if you want them [:)]