peace out

• Moderators

Well have fun, I know you will, we love that place to snorkle so I know diving would be even better...I can't do it, I can't be nice , you suck, 10 days. [:$]

Was reading reviews about places to go on the South West end of the island last night.

• 2 weeks later...

back safe and sound.great week, great trip, successfully upped my padi cert in the process .. it's hard to capture the full 7 days in a handful of images, and even harder to convey the underwater experience ..but here's a 100+ slideshow for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thaddeus_smith/sets/72157623949097095/show/

oh we had a blast ..bitter sweet return trip. it's hard to turn your back on such perfect weather and diving conditions, but home beckoned us. many flight delays resulted in the tired mopey faces and a 2am arrival at casa del Ray.

the sooner i get back there, the better ... :) :)

• Moderators

The reef pictures were very nice but I think my favorites were some of the street action, like the girl on the scooter, also the Pier at sunset and the low light back lit shots. [H]

thanks dtel. :) the trip was fun and challenging in many different ways for me. re: photography, it reinforced some thoughts and ideas i've been having of late and has spurred me to go in new directions. I have a couple of gigs through the end of the year, but after those complete I'm selling my nikon rig, quitting photog for hire gigs, and focusing on narrative art (photojournalism, but with the gallery in mind) ...my partner was completely understanding and supportive of it, which will make the transition even easier.

i'm going with a more portable (and less intimidating) rig based around the GF1 and focusing more on people, moments, etc. Not much of a surprise really, it's just an extension of the "2010 Michael Overhaul"

(ps, it won't be until octoberish - but pm me if any of you multi-hobby nerds want dibs on any gear)