Acura cars + tube amp

artto

Anyone seen that Acura commercial with the guy dressed in black sitting next to the tube amp?

Initially, he just kinda sat there. In the current version he actually says a few things - on several different takes. On one he says "It's a tube amp, do you know how rare these things are? And then says "These tubes have real gas"

It's a vacuum dude. "vacuum tube" LMAO. Lookout. They're getting ready to blow!

That's one reason I prefer "valve". It better describes what it does.

Yes I saw that ad last night. The ad positions acura as a car for people who want real benefits rather than airy fairy stuff - like the tube amp. The guy with amp says something like "with this you can play sound that only a dog can hear".

josh

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone seen that Acura commercial with the guy dressed in black sitting next to the tube amp?

Initially, he just kinda sat there. In the current version he actually says a few things - on several different takes. On one he says "It's a tube amp, do you know how rare these things are? And then says "These tubes have real gas"

It's a vacuum dude. "vacuum tube" LMAO. Lookout. They're getting ready to blow!

That's one reason I prefer "valve". It better describes what it does.

I don't feel too offended being elbow deep in vacuum tubes. I wasn't planning on buying an Acura any time soon anyway... [:P]