I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY FOR ME

BigStewMan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry dude, i'm from the beaches of southern california. anyone from down south care to help this guy out?

Down south ? You mean like Mexico ?
yeah, i figured someone might challenge my geography. but, that begs the question. are there such things as redneck mexicans?

I saw a show a couple weeks ago on the boob tube hosted by Billy Ray Cyrus that actually gave historical fact on what a redneck is (was). Seems that back during the start of coal mining in West Virginia there were the union miners and non-union miners. This eventually led to an armed conflict between the union and mine owners at some mountain and the union miners wore red neckerchiefs for identification.

I had a fried bologna samich for dinner [:(]

I saw a show a couple weeks ago on the boob tube hosted by Billy Ray Cyrus that actually gave historical fact on what a redneck is (was). Seems that back during the start of coal mining in West Virginia there were the union miners and non-union miners. This eventually led to an armed conflict between the union and mine owners at some mountain and the union miners wore red neckerchiefs for identification.

I had a fried bologna samich for dinner Sad

Now there is some information we can use!!! Thanks USNRET!!! [Y]

I'm going to have to try frying bologna!!! [;)]

Dennie

• Moderators

I'm going to have to try frying bologna!!! Wink

[:o] You are saying you never tried fried bologna......well if you have never tried that I know you have never had fried cheese [:|].

Ok it was an accident but it is really good. One day I was making grilled cheese samaches and some cheese cooked in the Teflon pan until it was light brown and all of the oil had been removed. It was pretty tasty so I put a piece of American cheese in the pan and cooked it until it was brown and crispy, very good, although Christy thinks I am nuts.

I'm going to have to try frying bologna!!!

Make sure you slice it from center to edge in three places, don't want it to curl up on ya!
You only need 1 slice on the bologna a little higher than center out to do the trick . Of course you will be using multiple slices yes ? Never had one for dinner but 3 or 4 slices of bologna , 2 fried eggs , swiss chz and mayo on French Toast will do the trick for breakfast . I speak from experience .

I've been eating fried bologna for years. I like to fry in in a cast iron pan that's got a little olive oil in it. Pop it between 2 slices of bread with provolone cheese and mustard. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

I'm going to have to try frying bologna!!! Wink

Surprise You are saying you never tried fried bologna......well if you have never tried that I know you have never had fried cheese Indifferent.

Ok it was an accident but it is really good. One day I was making grilled cheese samaches and some cheese cooked in the Teflon pan until it was light brown and all of the oil had been removed. It was pretty tasty so I put a piece of American cheese in the pan and cooked it until it was brown and crispy, very good, although Christy thinks I am nuts.

I have to say, I think my Mom made us fried bologna sandwiches when we were kids, but that was a couple years ago. [^o)] I have not had a fried bologna sammy in at least 20, maybe 30 years. I do fry hot dogs and love a split down the middle fried hot dog with Mustard, Relish and Onion.

So Dtel, do you think the fried cheese would work will on fried bologna? It doesen't sound bad to me!! [<:o)]

Dennie

frying bologna has to be put to music though. the way it bubbles up and looks like a sombrero.

That's another dish called the pork pie hat . Turn the bologna upside down , fill with mash potatos and top with American chz . It was a lunch staple back in elementary school .

• Moderators

So Dtel, do you think the fried cheese would work will on fried bologna? It doesen't sound bad to me!! Party!!!

No I don't think it would go well, only because I fried the cheese until it was brown a crispy. It was crunchy and a much stronger flavor than normal cheese, I guess it cooks out the oil's and leaves a stronger version of the flavor ?