Finally a Klipsch owner!

elementfbl114

My rc-64 and rf-82s finaly came in yesterday! They are so beautiful [:P] The sound is insane, everything is so full. I know the rf-83s are the exact match to the rc-64s, but I can't tell any seperation at all (which I was originally worried about).

The front speakers overpower my current sub... So that means another upgrade is needed[:D]

But I ordered everything from Vanns and they really did a good job packing. It came double boxed with about 5 inches of foam and bubble wrap around it. Shipping was also free (not bad for 200+ pounds of speakers).

Now I'm looking for 2 rs-62s and 2 rb-81/61s. My surrounds right now don't sound as bad as I thought they would, though I can barely hear them (the calibration test set my klipsch to -10db and my surrounds to 4 to 6). So instead of worrying about surrounds, I might look into getting a new subwoofer. Im going to audition a supercube 1 in the next few days. I have talked him down to 550 for it, and like I said he will let me audition it. If you guys have any experience with the supercube 1, let me know what you think. Overall, ive read positive reviews, some say there are better subs out there in the 1000 to 1500 dollar range, but haven't found to many that match it for around 500...

Anyways i know this is pretty much a worthless post, but most of my friends and family could care less about my new speakers. So i needed to gloat to people that actually care [:)]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the new speakers and you are correct, around here we do actually care!

From my experience Definitive Technology is pretty meh when it comes to subwoofers. $550 for the Supercube is a pretty good deal though I think.

There's other brands such as Hsu, SVS and elemental designs that are superb bang-for-the-buck subs.

If you have 14-16dB difference in sensitivity in your speakers I think you owe it to yourself to look at surrounds that will be a better match to your fronts. Make sure to check craigslist and eBay for speakers for sale in your area. Great deals pop up all the time on those sites.

I agree, I think that I would upgrade the surround next, then look at upgrading your sub, as mentioned before look on CL and find a great deal if you can. I don't know much about your reciever but you can check to see if you can your sub option to both your mains and subwoofer untill you can upgrade.

Congrats on your purchases though.

~ross

• Moderators

Whoohoo! Isn't it sweet to see your system slowly come together? The process of building and aquiring your system is as fun as having it completed.

The guys are right, I'm not a huge fan of Deftech myself but I cannot say that I have heard the supercube either. I picked up my Velodyne HGS15 (15" sub with 1250 watt amp) in piano black finish from Craigslist for $200. Awesome sub! As mentioned, for the $550 range, check into SVS, HSU, Elemental Designs and Epik Subwoofers.

Ok, so where are the picks of this bad new system?

Hey thanks for your input! There is a svs 20-39pci around me for 400... I mostly watch movies/play games, I don't listen to too much music on my main HT.

The other day I decided to see what my solo baric l7 12inch sounded like in my room. Its in a 3 cubic foot ported box. Since I don't have an amp to drive that beast, I had to run the speaker wire from my L7 to my car and run my sub out cable from my reciever to my amp in my car lol. The L7 is currently hooked up as a 2 ohm load so my amp is supposed to put out 1400 rms... Ill just say it was something else. I couldn't hear anything besides the sub... it pushed a ton of air.. But overall it sounded bad. But I had to try it. It does sound amazing in my car though!

Yea, I'll definately get matching surrounds. But i'm running low on money, so I'm just going to cross my fingers for some good CL deals. After awhile, if I can't find any deals Ill just break down and buy them from vanns. I feel like a lot better sub would really help out my HT right now. A quick question though, the amp in the supercube 1 is supposed to have a 1500 rms amp... So if I buy it and ended up wanting more, would it be to much trouble to take the amp out and build my own sub?

• Moderators

But i'm running low on money, so I'm just going to cross my fingers for some good CL deals.

Patience is the key my friend. The deals are out there. Save up your money, look daily (sometimes hourly) and keep the car running while you wait. [:D] If you have a smartphone, they have Craigslist apps that will notify your phone with new CL posts for what you are searching for. In the Android Market, I use CraigsNotifica. Great FREE app!

Wow, before I could reply to one post, I got 3 more lol. I took a few pictures, but everything is still in the process of being set up. Everything use to be on the opposite side of my room until I started hooking up my new toys. I needed something to hold my rc-64, so the shelf over my fireplace is working pretty well at the moment. Im waiting for speaker wire and banana plugs from monoprice to show up, so all the speaker wire laying is only temporary. But in the next year, ill be buying a house, so I'll eventually have a dedicated room for my HT. 100_1189.jpg100_1191.jpg

100_1185.jpg%5CUsers%5CSam%5CDesktop%5CSpeakers%5C10

Like I said,I'll make everything look alot nicer, especially when speaker wires get in. I just didn't see the point in making the speaker wire look good when I would be replacing it in a few days (and also waiting for the speakerwire to come in before setting up my speakers wasn't an option lol).

Edit: the pics were to big so I sized them down.

Youthman, I can't believe you got such a good deal on that sub! People in my area usually post stuff for pretty high prices... like rb-61 set for 450... And I just looked through your HT setup. That is really nice. When I get my house next year, my vision for my HT is to look like yours [:D]

Wow, after looking at the pics I posted... I probably should have waited until I finished running everything and getting everything set up because it really does look like crap lol. But it sounds good [:)]

• Moderators

Youthman, I can't believe you got such a good deal on that sub! People in my area usually post stuff for pretty high prices...

I've been truly blessed by more than a few great finds but I have lost out to some really good deals too because I was too late. Gotta be quick that's for sure. Great deals don't last long. And now with the aid of the smartphones, people can be notified immediately about a post and can pounce on it in a hurry.

And I just looked through your HT setup. That is really nice. When I get my house next year, my vision for my HT is to look like yours Big Smile

Thank you for the kind words. It is the result of a lot of hard work, saving up and paying cash for everything as I could afford it, looking for great deals on CL as well as bartering and MUCH help and advice from the guys here in the Klipsch forums as well as the AVS Forums.

Yea my poor onkyo sub, the only time I can hear it is when it bottoms out lol

That just cracked me up. [:P]

Ha ok. Not shipping a giant sub, wish I could, Its a JTR Captivator, too big to ship... just throwing it out there... back on topic.

You could look at the epik legend. Shipping will put it a little over but not too bad. Probably just over 600

Also Elemental Designs has great options. at $715 you get a beast of a sub with shipping or the $600 sub they have.

Personally I was not happy with the HSU sub I had and SVS is going to cost a lot more for the same performance as these smaller brands

lol Yea i was completely kidding about shipping it. That's a nice looking sub though. I wish I lived closer to check it out [:(] So far Missouri has sucked in trying to find good deals on CL...

Ive been looking at ED. I use their stuff for car audio. Any recommendations on a specific sub? I might still go to audition the supercube 1 still... But I still don't know if its a good deal for 550...

I personally wouldn't want a supercube at any price but I am biased I guess because I have always purchased internet direct brands for subwoofers. It seems like a very fair price for it. If the Trinity is such a great sub I think the supercube is half a trinity so it can't be a bad sub and I am sure it is very small (from your pics it doesn't look like you have a ton of space left)

As far as eD I would research. I forget all the names but the 15" for 715 is suppose to have a deep sound to it, if you want something more musical and smaller then the epik will be better but could have less output.

• Moderators

What part of Mo do you live in? Maybe you can come over to my house and take a listen to my eD. Drink my beer. Stare at my wife.

[:o]

Dude you could charge for that ! [;)]

Congratulations Element, isn't it fun getting new toys ! [H]