Palladium 7.1 power

Skule

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is correct, those are the P-27s. Ideally I guess both the side and rear surrounds should have been P-27s but as you can see from my pictures my room is open to one side (to the right) and I have windows on the left, and therefore no walls on either side to hang the P-27s on. The P-27s don't really make for a good speaker to place on a stand. I must admit that I also do like the look of the P-17b bookshelves that I use as side surrounds. So much so that if I had a bigger room I would have contemplated using them as rear surrounds as well, but there was no space.

My rears are a little to close to the listening position as it is but I love the way this setup sounds - it is so immersive. The first 7.1 bluray I tried just blew me away - no reason to go to the movie theatre anymore, every time we go I am somewhat disappointed with the sound there [:D]

That is correct, those are the P-27s. Ideally I guess both the side and rear surrounds should have been P-27s but as you can see from my pictures my room is open to one side (to the right) and I have windows on the left, and therefore no walls on either side to hang the P-27s on. The P-27s don't really make for a good speaker to place on a stand. I must admit that I also do like the look of the P-17b bookshelves that I use as side surrounds. So much so that if I had a bigger room I would have contemplated using them as rear surrounds as well, but there was no space.

My rears are a little to close to the listening position as it is but I love the way this setup sounds - it is so immersive. The first 7.1 bluray I tried just blew me away - no reason to go to the movie theatre anymore, every time we go I am somewhat disappointed with the sound there Big Smile

'every time we go I am somewhat disappointed with the sound there Big Smile'

I can hear/see that! [:D][Y]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Very nice, the room looks great. I have only heard the P 39's as a pair, never got to hear even a 5.1, from what I heard with just the pair that has got to be very impressive. Congratulations, are people shocked when the walk in the room ? I would think so !

Her name is Katinka - she's a 10 year old Gordon Setter and is probably closer to human than canine at this point [;)]

She loves music but her favorite is watching the Animal Planet channel with all the animal sounds coming thru the 7 channels - especially bird programs as she is a bird-dog [:D]

Hey Skule, first off that is a great speaker setup. I'm sure it sounds fantastic.

Off the subject, but curiosity has me. I would assume Norwegian is your native tongue yet you seem quite fluent in the English language. Can most if not all Norwegians speak English so well?

Thanks JL!!

Norwegian is indeed my native tongue. However, as there are only about 5 million people in this country it is difficult to get anywhere in the world with just our Norwegian language. Therefore everybody has English in school. Of course the proficiency will vary but it is quite cool that you can pull up to any 12 year old here and he will be able to give you directions in English.

In fact with basically zero percent illiteracy in the country we are also lucky in that no movies, TV shows etc. are even dubbed (apart from cartoons etc.), everything is in the original language and then subtitled - I think that is a huge advantage as well [:)]

Skule,

The setup you own is beautiful.... I am envious. [H]

It is great your dog gets enjoyment also. [Y]

Our cats often start looking around like "what was that?" when we are watching something.

(My Heresy setup can not compare in refinement to Palladiums; but it is still Klipsch and sounds really good).

Again.... Congrats on your setup. [:)]

That is interesting! Of course Norway hosted the Winter Olympics recently and many of us got a glimpse at how beautiful a country you have there. I have always been interested in your neighbor the Shetland Islands. Have you by chance visited there?

I'm afraid I have not. It would indeed be an interesting place to visit I'm sure.

Stereophile also liked the P-17B -- "A world-class bookshelf loudspeaker ... A genuinely 21st-century horn design." I'm not sure what it means, but it's interesting that the Klipsch Palladium products stay in Stereophile while Avantgarde's are now nowhere to be seen.