Buy Klipsch on the internet?

htown_ag

It's hard to say if it is or not. The best way is to ask the seller about it. The answer sould not have any gray-area, double talk or misleading words. It sould a definite Yes or No.

Beware though, there are only one or two sellers of Klipsch products over the internet where Klipsch will honor the warranty. Granted if the warranty cannot be honored by Kipsch then it's up to the seller (assuming it's a business) to warrant them if it is a new stocked item. So, if the seler says the product has a full warranty then the question should be "With who??".

The best way to find that out if the seller is an "Authorized Dealer" is to check it out on Klipsch's web site. To find out if they have been refurbished or not is to call tech support to see if there are any decals (I know, those can be removed by the dishonest seller) or other marks that may give that indication.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 04-12-2002 at 09:23 PM

Here is a place I found on the internet that seems to be straigt up. They have standard warrenty information and the products are supposed to be from the factory brand new.

The Sound Professionals

They have incredibly great prices. However, something tells me that shipping is where they may make up the cost of having lower prices. I am calling them today to find out out much it costs to ship the sytem I want.

If you look at a thread I started in the Home Theater section called "Help a newbie", you will see that I looked for pricing at two places. First is good guys, but further down the thread you will see where I priced the same stuff at The Sound Professionals.

Here is a blurb from their site on their company page.

quote:

ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS

All of our merchandise is "BRAND NEW" USA product and comes factory sealed with all original manufacturers supplies and paperwork.We do not sell "B" good items on this site.Every shipment is packed with extreme care, always in brand new condition. We back everything we sell 100%!!! Most manufacturers do not want internet companies to sell their products via mail order. Some Manufacturers do not authorize us to sell on the internet. Therefore some manufacturers will tell you your warrantee will be void. However, Sound Professionals, Inc. will honor the full manufacturers warrantee through our store.

------------------

m00n

This message has been edited by m00n on 04-12-2002 at 10:12 AM

I would say if it is new... Go to an Authorised Dealer. Period. There is no reason IMO a few hundred dollars (or so) spent supporting upfront a dealer that has taken the position to carry the Klipsch line and even more important, anything that might go wrong with your equipment service wise.... is the right way to go. This keeps Klipsch in business, allows us an outlet for products that we can listen to and hear, and keeps the local Audio stores open and makes a little money to pay sales men/women to show and demo all this cool stuff. Most "Authorised Dealers" that carry most, of if not all the line, will make you a deal that is enough for you to feel you got a premium product at a fair price. Thats all what we want anyhow.. These fantastic Speakers at a price we feel is worthy of their cost. You do not get, for instance, a Mercedes ML500 SUV for 10k, You get the dealer, service, support, and someone to hold your hand so to speak if something goes wrong. Do you pay a premium for all this? Sure you do. Do you also get treated with respect and ultimately taken care of should something go wrong? Yes you do. That is why they are a leading luxury car company that people prize their auto transportation to come from. Otherwise, we would all drive say Yugo's (My appology, to anyone driving a Yugo as a "prized" posession..LOL)

That being said, "USED" on the other hand is a whole new ballgame. Sites like EBAY, Yahoo, and other "Auction" sites allow the savy seller and buyer to occasionally get a fair bargain on some great sounding gear. It is a fear vs greed senario...Much like my business in the Stock Market on Wall Street. How much do I really want to pay VS how much is it really worth senario now and in the future with people on both sides wanting to get a "Deal"? If your looking on Ebay for instance, you can get a good education through this board and see what prices seem to be going for a specific series line. Most of the time it is within say $200-$300 depending on finish, condition, location, and presentation by the seller.

I agree with Tblasing if your really serious looking used, ask the seller some good questions, require to see good pics before hand, and make sure he/she states that all components are working or which are not, and are stock before hand. (Some on this board are very good at spotting fakes and pointing them out to potetial buyers.) So buyer beware!!

Thats my 2 cents. I have bought Klipsch both ways, from a dealer and bought used. Both great experiences!!

good guys! is an authorized Klipsch dealer selling Klipsch products with full support and a Klipsch manufacturers warranty....the sound professionals is NOT. Click at the bottom of this page where it says "Unauthorized Dealers" for our warning...

PhilH

Ya, I knew the they were not an authorized dealer. But is that a bad thing? Honestly I don't know. I just called them and they said that, they themselves will honor the Klipsch warrenty.

Here is what I am looking at, and what they sell it for and the shipping charge

AVR520 Harman Kardon $625

RS-3II Black Klipsch $399

RF-3II Klipsch $575

RC-3II Klipsch $275

RSW-10 Klipsch $695

-------------------------------

Total: $2569.00

Then add shipping $165.00

With the $165.00 of shipping, it is still very well below what I have seen locally.

------------------

m00n

That means if a part goes bad you'll have to send it to where you bought it then they send it to Klipsch for a replacement who sends the replacement to where you bought it who sends it to you. That's providing the place you bought it from bought it from an authorized dealer. If not, just insert another "supplier's storefront" to go through till every link in the chain sees it. By the way figure on three days to a week for each exchange between links in the chain.

Sounds like a long time to get a new tweeter diaphram doesn't it?

If you get the product from an authorized dealer you just call Klipsch and they will send you a replacement. They'll ask for a credit card number to insure that they'll get the broken part back. When you get it just send the old part to Klipsch and all is forgotten. That takes about two days. Warranty replacement parts are sent out usually Overnight if not Next Day Air.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 04-12-2002 at 09:28 PM

tblasing....

Thanks, I didn't realize the benifit of an authorized dealer. This company seems to operate very fair. I will have to ask them about this and see exactly how they operate.

I would much prefer to buy from a dealer, but damn, the cost is so much less.

------------------

m00n

-------------------------

System to come:

RF-3II Floorstanding

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-10 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

mOOn - explain this to the dealer. Show him what you are looking at. Tell your local dealer "sure, I want to support you, and get factory warranty, but what a difference in price here! Your package pricing is flexible, right?"

Of course those prices are flexible! It's negotiation time! The dealer has enough margin that he/she can still make money at below tag prices. Now maybe your local dealer won't match that price, but he/she may still give you a deal somewhere between the online price and the price the dealer is asking for the gear now. It may be worth paying a little more for that local service and factory warranty. It's certainly worth asking your local dealer, and if the dealer thinks you may walk and buy it online, then the dealer may sell at a better price.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

A Beast is Lurking.........To be unleashed May 2002

Well, I ended up NOT buying on the internet, but I did take an internet quote and made them match. Well, tried. I got them down to $100.00 over what it would have cost me to have purchased the speakers and have them shipped. Friggen sweet deal. The guy told me, (and I take this with a grain of salt), in the 2 years I have worked here, I have never seen a sweeter deal. I ultimatly talked them down $800.00.

------------------

m00n's lunar system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

Difference between a dealer and an "unauthorized dealer" or outlet?: A dealer "DEALS" with you...from your initial outlay to problems if/when they occur, they tend to have a mindset that you will be a return customer for at least some part of your system as you upgrade, so they treat you accordingly. Also, if you have questions or need assistance with set-up, etc...they are normally a good source for advice/help.

IMHO, for NEW equipment, always go with the dealer!!!...especially if they have a great reputation and are well-established!!!

(And this is coming from somebody who bought a pair of used lascalas on eBay last nite?....Sheesh!!!...LOL!)

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to purchase from a reputable local Klipsch dealer or authorized internet store, for all the reasons listed above. However, as far as I know, here's my choices in Minneapolis/St. Paul, a metro area of about 2.5 million people:

Smaller Klipsch dealer #1: unless you're talking about tens of thousands of dollars in a custom installation, they won't give you the time of day--and they probably wouldn't recommend Klipsch anyway.

Smaller Klipsch dealer #2: used to be pretty good--I've spent over $2,000 with them, but now they have almost all KEF in the store. Was just there on Saturday, and they only had SB1,2,3, RF3, and RB5. None of their current sales people know Klipsch, and they're really pushing KEF.

Several AudioKing (Ultimate Electronics) stores: I refuse to purchase at these stores any more. I've been to almost every store multiple times, hoping to find a salesperson who will give me the time of day and knows something about Klipsch. Typical conversations: Me, "Do you have the new Klipsch RF-7s in yet?" Salesperson, "Uh, we have some Klipsch bookshelf speakers and some floorstanding models--we've got a really good sale on those small ones over there, they're really cool and loud." Me,"I'm thinking about bi-wiring my Klipsch KLF-20s--what speaker wire do you carry, and what do you think about bi-wiring?" Salesperson, "bi-what?????"

Oh yeah, then there's the uBid option. Only took me six months and several hours of work to get my money back after they charged my credit card for an item I won that they didn't actually have and never shipped me.

I've always been a big fan of Klipsch and love my KLF-20s, but I'm just plain tired of trying to find a decent place to buy Klipsch products. They're so concerned with unautorized dealers (and O.K., I understand and respect that), but then give me some options.

Well, it may not be local to you, but I can tell you where I got my gear. I got, what I preceive to be great deals. They may have to be shipped to you but I had a good experiance with them. Here are the deals I got.

$300.00 off list price for EACH RF-7 speaker

$200.00 off list price for off my RC-7

$500.00 (about) off list price for my RSW-12

Let me know if your interested and I will send you my dealers phone number. Oh and yes, they are an authorized dealer. He and I are not friends, but have a mutual respect for each other. He wants to sell speakers and what not so he can make a living, I have money to spend if the price is right. I will even call him and tell him your interested in talking to him and that he needs to give you the same deal I got.

------------------

the m00n system

RF-7 Front floors

RC-7 Center

RS-3II Surrounds (My update to RS-7)

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

WOW! That's a nice deal you got there TK8EZ.

------------------

the m00n system

RF-7 Front floors

RC-7 Center

RS-3II Surrounds (My update to RS-7)

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>