Who Plays Bass?

Ironsave

post a pic of your beloved Bass Guitar and rig!!!!!!

I play the Bass Ironsave. Been playing about 3 months now. It has been a dream I have had for many years now and finally I am doing it. My instructor is a very skilled guitarist who is taking the time to point me in the direction of the style I wish to play. My ultimate goal is to be able to play "DMV" by Primus. It will probably be a couple of years before I am that far. So far I have a few simple songs under my belt. The first song I played was "Give up the Funk", on old 70's tune. Can play a couple of Talking Heads tunes. Working on some Stevie Wonder and Black Sabbath now. I don't know how good I am yet, I sure do have alot of fun with it though.

Been learning on an Ibanez G10 with a Peavy Basic 112 amp. Have a one on one practice session each week with the instructor. On the interim, I pick it up several times a day for short 15-20 minute practices. It is such a cool feeling when there is something you just can not seem to get right and all of a sudden is "just there". Progress not Perfection...

How long have you been playing? What gear are you using?

guitar.jpg

Sincerest apologies

Nice bass.

I wish I had instructors; or a teacher.........

I am 38..... I love my bass and my Trace Elliot combo; but can not post pics at this moment.........

Dude; If you enjoy playing it; and are getting something valuable out of the sessions.....

GO WITH IT BROTHA!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a year from now you will post a link to your demo tape...... (You never know!!!)

My son (19) plays guitar in a band in Rock Falls, Il...... He has progressed immensely.....

Good Luck Bro!

forumsNot a bass; but, still in the stringed instrument family...my stuff: The gold Gretsch is my Christmas present to myself.

forums

Sweet..... Cool

How long have you been playing?

A few months actually. Had a nice Fender Telecaster about 20 years ago, never really learned to play it. Buddy at work has been playing the bass for about 30 years. after talking music with him at work, decided to take up the guitar again.

• 1 month later...

Lemme ask a question about fretless.

What (if any) is the deal about fretless?

Couple years ago, when I acquired the musical/stereo stuff from an estate, one of the items was a fretless bass. I had several people look at it and one of the things they kept mentioning was (if I recall) akin to "ohhhhhh, it's a fretless"

Is there something special about that or does it just take a more advanced player to play them? (are the frets 'cheat-cheats'??)

??

Lemme ask a question about fretless.

Couple years ago, when I acquired the musical/stereo stuff from an estate, one of the items was a fretless bass. I had several people look at it and one of the things they kept mentioning was (if I recall) akin to "ohhhhhh, it's a fretless"

Is there something special about that or does it just take a more advanced player to play them? (are the frets 'cheat-cheats'??)

??

much harder. you have to have mad skills like bruce!

Richard,

I certainly don't have the funk, but the deal is this. Bass players always played upright basses, which are fretless. Leo Fender changed all that when he came out with his electric bass, the Fender Precision. It was called 'precision' because it had frets, and allowed a lot more people to play in tune. The flip side of a fretless bass is the difference in tone and sounds that you can achieve.

To be honest, I can't play either kind very well at all. I am reasonably competent at guitar and lap steel.

Bruce