Found A Set Of Klipschorns For $500 Locally

Oregon Tubes

After my last really cool find, I stumbled across a gentleman that had a pair of Klipschorns covered up in the corners, sheets covering them were very dusty, like they had been on them for years, maybe?

I had met a gentleman regarding a stereo receiver that I was interested in buying, Denon AVR-5800. He was in his late 60's and said he traveled alot with his fifthwheel spending alot of time in Arizona and flying to florida. He said he decided to sell the receiver as he rarely had used it and didn't want it to get stolen. I loved the receiver, it was minty new, and in talking I asked what he had hidden in the corners under the sheets, hoping they were large speakers. He said they were Klipsch speakers. I asked if he was going to sell them. He told me that if I wanted a package deal, he would sell me the receiver and the klipsch speakers for $1000 (the receiver was being sold to me for $500, which was a stellar deal). I noticed the sheets were covered in dust and must have been covered for some time. I uncovered them and there sat a most beautiful pair of Klipschorns, They were the newer model that has the top that looks separate from the bottom, I took him up on the package deal.

Now I have 3 Klipschorns and an Electro-voice Patrician IV. I am almost done with the Patrician, finishing it to look like the Klipschorn that it came with, in Baltic Birch and new speaker fabric from Wendalls Fabrics for the Klipschorn and the Patrician IV, looks nice. Will post photos soon. One in every corner of my 35'x25' theater room.

That's a great deal. Please post some photos to make us feel even worse.

I saw a similar deal on American Pickers. Either Frank or Mike was bargaining for something (a microphone I think) and the seller threw in an excellent vintage H. H. Scott amp for next to nothing.

Your EV Patrician reminds me of the only time I met PWK. He was doing a demo of his 3 channel format hosted by The Stereo Shoppe at Long's Convention Center in Lansing, MI. It must have been the mid to late 70's.

After the very impressive demo, he was talking informally. The conversation, like his mind, went a mile a minute. One second he was talking about the economy (some things never change) and the next he was talking about his favorite single malt (I think) liquor.

I asked him about the erfforts of Klipsch to license the Klipschorn. He said that it was discontinued due to the inability of Klipsch to monitor the build quality of 3rd party builders, including EV.

He then asked, "Do you know what a Patrician is?" To which I naively replied, "It's a version of the Klipschorn built under license by Electro-Voice. He immediately responded, "It's a man who steps out of the shower to take a leak." It was clear that his entourage had heard the line before.

Then it was off to a new topic. The whole encounter lasted less than 60 seconds.

After my last really cool find, I stumbled across a gentleman that had a pair of Klipschorns covered up in the corners, sheets covering them were very dusty, like they had been on them for years, maybe?

I had met a gentleman regarding a stereo receiver that I was interested in buying, Denon AVR-5800. He was in his late 60's and said he traveled alot with his fifthwheel spending alot of time in Arizona and flying to florida. He said he decided to sell the receiver as he rarely had used it and didn't want it to get stolen. I loved the receiver, it was minty new, and in talking I asked what he had hidden in the corners under the sheets, hoping they were large speakers. He said they were Klipsch speakers. I asked if he was going to sell them. He told me that if I wanted a package deal, he would sell me the receiver and the klipsch speakers for $1000 (the receiver was being sold to me for $500, which was a stellar deal). I noticed the sheets were covered in dust and must have been covered for some time. I uncovered them and there sat a most beautiful pair of Klipschorns, They were the newer model that has the top that looks separate from the bottom, I took him up on the package deal.

Now I have 3 Klipschorns and an Electro-voice Patrician IV. I am almost done with the Patrician, finishing it to look like the Klipschorn that it came with, in Baltic Birch and new speaker fabric from Wendalls Fabrics for the Klipschorn and the Patrician IV, looks nice. Will post photos soon. One in every corner of my 35'x25' theater room.

I would love to see your Patrician IV. I also have one that I've made to look like a large Klipschorn. I just wish I have proper rooms for all these speakers.