Cleaning dog urine from speaker grill covers

bwilbur

I am trying to resurrect a pair of chorus II that haven't been in use for 8+ years. The first step is to clean the black cloth covers. Unfortunately, a small dog had sprayed the bottom of the covers while in storage. Up close, it looks like little white crystals embedded in the cloth. I have soaked them for a few hours in warm water and laundry detergent and the stains have faded. Does anyone have any experience in removing this type of residue?

If you are thinking that I deserve this for letting the speakers sit this long, you are probably right.

Unfortunately, a small dog had sprayed the bottom of the covers while in storage.

The dog was probably upset about being put in storage.

If you use the search function here (search for "urine"), you should get a lot of info. There was a recent thread on removing cat spray that might be helpful.

If the dog sprayed the the entire speaker, grills AND all the carpets, the speakers would simply disappear, right?

OH Yeah!, my wife is going to raise an eyebrown when she comes home and finds me holding each of our 5 dogs above my Jubilee's with an IV of water plugged into them [G] [&]

If the dog sprayed the the entire speaker, grills AND all the carpets, the speakers would simply disappear, right?

OH Yeah!, my wife is going to raise an eyebrown when she comes home and finds me holding each of our 5 dogs above my Jubilee's with an IV of water plugged into them GiftDog

You're just jealous because you didn't think of it first.

• Moderators

Welcome

What about brushing them lightly with a soft brush while there still dry to remove whatever you can then try to clean with liquid.

If all else fails you could replace the cloth as a last resort. And keep the dog away. [;)]

You're just jealous because you didn't think of it first.

My strength is not my originality....but rather, my adaptability. I can smell out good ideas and trust me, this is smelling really good! Idea

Think of the possibilities. You can put it in spray bottles and market it as "Pee spot eliminator". I can just see the assembly line at your house.

Think of the possibilities. You can put it in spray bottles and market it as "Pee spot eliminator". I can just see the assembly line at your house.

This is a true story.... I do not know how to really relate it since part of it requires a visual. The visual (which I'll get to below) is of your wife holding, say... a skunk at arms length away from her so the belly of the skunk is facing away from her, towards you.

My wife & I left town for several days. Left our (then) two dogs at a kennel. Upon coming home we went to get them. One of them is small and easily picked up. Seems the kennel had not led them out in a while AND she (the dog, not the wife [:P]) had issues of holding herself when she got excited.

Wife stoops down to pick her up and all the sudden, she starts peeing (the dog). My wife points her arms and therefore the dog towards me saying "she's peeing, she's peeing" and the wife is waiving her arms (and therefore the dog) on front of her.

Meanwhile, because of these actions, what was really happening on MY side of this equation is the wife was flipping out, the dog was peeing and the wife was waiving the dog in front of me as I (unsuccessfully) continued trying to dodge this stream that was shooting towards me.

In a nervous and sick sort of way, we still laugh about that today. Much more fun hearing the wife describe it as she mimmicks the movements she went through.

This was my first post. I'm glad to see that there is knowledge as well as good humorBig Smile

I just couldn't hold it in anymore (I imagine that the dog was thinking the same thing) WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

You could have said.......I'm glad to see that there is a little knowledge as well as attempts at good humor.[:P]