Used Pre/Pro with HDMI ?

smokarz

You need to set some pricing guidlines, that will narrow options down considerably.

Popular pre-pro's are made by Anthem, NAD and Integra but van vary widely in price. If you have a BluRay player that can de-code the latest formats, you don't need to get hung up on any particular HDMI version. As long as your player de-codes, and your pre-pro is 1.1 or better, you're good to go for sound. If you are looking to eventually go 3D, then you'll need 1.4 and your used choices will be slim at best.

hmm, how about $500-$600? anything in that price range?

i actually need HDMI.

i got an HDMI wire ran in the ceiling that hook up to my projector and connected to the Onkyo 805.

all my components (HTPC, Bluray, DVD, Wii, etc.) are connected to the 805.

i really like this setup, for HD audio bistreaming from my HTPC and Blu-ray, and the convenience of hookig up all the components to the 805.

just trying to get a feeling for the cost of a used pre/pro with HDMI.

what brand/model should i be looking at? prices?

Killer price on a NAD Reference series pre/pro in NJ. Last one sold on A-gon for $900.00 in Dec.10.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homeproc&1301598190&/Nad-Master-Series-m-15-reduced

1296414050.jpg

Bill

Don't know anything about the NAD, except that they make really nice stuff. Does it have HDMI? Couldn't tell from the pic of the back.

Hear nothing but great things about that 9.8, actually heard it in Indy at the Klipsch HQ theater room. It sounded amazing, but it was paired w/ a monster Aragon amp and they were playing Palladiums... so, it would be tough for it not to sound amazing.

Is the UMC-1 too obvious? You trying to stay away from Emo stuff? There were a couple on Agon the other day for ~$525... pretty good price.

hey, thanks for the links and suggestions guys.

i just pulled the trigger on an Emo UPA7, so definitely do not have the fund available at this moment for a pre/pro purchase.

just want to get an idea how much $$$ i am looking at for a ponential purchase down the road. if lucky, maybe by summer. if not, perhaps year end.

just trying to get a feeling for the cost of a used pre/pro with HDMI.

what brand/model should i be looking at? prices?

Killer price on a NAD Reference series pre/pro in NJ. Last one sold on A-gon for $900.00 in Dec.10.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homeproc&1301598190&/Nad-Master-Series-m-15-reduced

1296414050.jpg

Bill

wow..that is a great price, but doesn't look like it has HDMI?

• Moderators

Willand how do you search sold item prices on audiogon??

You can pay a subscription for "Blue Book" pricing. It will tell you show you a graph of how much the item has sold for, when the last one was sold and average price sold.

A couple months ago I picked up an Onkyo PR-SC885 for $600 from a nice guy on the Emotiva forum. Since he lived about 3 hours away from me we met in the middle to avoid shipping. It was completely like new and completely packaged up in all original packaging just like new as well, very well taken care of. This is a 2007 model I believe the original price was around $1,899.95.

This is an excellent processor and I absolutely love it, it is awesome for both HT and music. I have been playing around tweaking the settings and have it now completely dialed and it sounds amazing. I could not be happier with this purchase.

Posted Image

Posted Image

BTW 4 hdmi inputs, 2 hdmi outputs, 2 XLR balanced inputs (for high quality analog stereo inputs) and 8 XLR outputs (7.1) plus everything else you could ever need. When this first came out reviews said you could not get anything else like it for under $5,000

GREAT processor

I upgraded to the 885 processor from an Onkyo 900 receiver I was using the receiver with an XPA-3 amp on the fronts, the upgrade was very nice!

With the 885 I added an XPA-5 to my XPA-3 to cover all 7 channels, I am very glad I went to the processor and separate amps, detail and imaging has improved so much.

If you look you can find good prices on the Onkyo processors used, the 885 like mine or newer models 886 and 5507. The newest model just released is the 5508.

after a little poking around i have decided.

Onkyo 885/886/5507

Integra 9.8/9.9/40.1

these seem to be very strong performers, and great bang for the bucks. but most importantly, they seem to be within my reach.

now, just need to keey an eye open for some hot deals that might show up.