What do forte II's sound like

SuBXeRo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are FANTASTIC.

Have you ever heard Heresies?

Think Heresies with significantly more pronounced bass.

I recently got to hear Big Cliff's setups.... one room Chorus IIs the other basement Fortes and KG 5.5s......

They both sounded REALLY REALLY good.....

Since they are 3 way; it is quite a different sound versus the Reference stuff.

Nice thing is; if they are priced tosell; you could always sell them for about the same money if you decide you do not like them.

(That's not happening. You WILL love them)........

If you buy them; do not be surprised if you wind up switching to Heritage........

[H]

Yeah, she may not be thrilled......

Mine was getting pretty p o'd until she heard the Heresies......

Then I received a "Wow..... I get it."

After I sold the KG 2.5s they replaced; (for a bit more than I paid); she really loosened up.

I will still hear "We do not need more speakers". But I have continued to buy and try and sell......

I have not made much money; not in it for that. It is great to be able to test out various models; etc.

(I had huge KG 5.2s; wound up selling them after a few months; but they were definitely different; and boy could they really hit hard.....

You have RF3 IIs and RF5s I believe; correct? If I told you the Forte's would make it easier to part with one set......

Well; I am pretty confident they are that good. Not trying to be the Devil in your ear " Yeah; go get 'em; She'll get over it".....

Really you should discuss it with her and explain that you are willing to part with a set if you get one more set.

Others will say that if their wives do not like it; too bad; or "don't be a wuss". That's why many of them are divorced or unhappily married......

A relationship only works with communication......

You'd be surprised; she might understand more than you think.....

Good Luck; My Friend..... [:)]

i recently sold my rf-3 II's and 2 rs-3 II's for $675. Right now, as it stands, all of my HT speakers are debt free, i bought and sold enough on craigslist and profited enough that they are all "free". I typically buy and sell the reference gear since it sells religiously on my local craigslist market. to buy heritage and try to dump them would be very difficult. I don't have the excess cash to just have an extra pair of speakers on hand, but i can buy them for relae/to break even. I never hang myself with a deal. I make sure i will breakeven or profit in each deal that i make. Think of it as buyer protection and fuel for my hobby.

I am happy though, my emp amp is in the shop being repaired and i have an old sony receiver being used as a slave amp and she told me it sounds different. My jaw dropped and my face turned red with joy that she noticed.

i recently sold my rf-3 II's and 2 rs-3 II's for $675. Right now, as it stands, all of my HT speakers are debt free, i bought and sold enough on craigslist and profited enough that they are all "free". I typically buy and sell the reference gear since it sells religiously on my local craigslist market. to buy heritage and try to dump them would be very difficult. I don't have the excess cash to just have an extra pair of speakers on hand, but i can buy them for relae/to break even. I never hang myself with a deal. I make sure i will breakeven or profit in each deal that i make. Think of it as buyer protection and fuel for my hobby.

I am happy though, my emp amp is in the shop being repaired and i have an old sony receiver being used as a slave amp and she told me it sounds different. My jaw dropped and my face turned red with joy that she noticed.

I find it strange that Reference sell so easy there but Heritage don't. All I can say is I wish there was more Heritage here that nobody wanted!!!!
You never said what the Forte IIs were selling for, what is the condition, finish and price?

• Moderators

Why do all girlfriends and wifes hate large bulky speakers....Confused

They all don't hate them, my wife loves them, the last and biggest were her and my daughters idea and there 6' wide and about 5' tall each, and about 500 pounds each.

And there were 6 Forte's and a sub in that room already for HT. [:|]

I've owned a number of KG series (1.2, 2.2, 2.5, 3.2 & 5.2) and a few Heritage (Forte II, Heresy & Cornwalls). Some duplicate pairs in there for example I've owned four different pairs of Forte IIs. I'm down to one pair of Forte IIs since buying a house without room to run Forte IIs all the way around and never had any trouble selling the three I just sold. Some I made some cash on and at worst I broke even. I also recently sold one of my pairs of Cornwalls and two pairs of Heresy and again had no problem selling them for what I had into them or small gains.

My guess is since the Reference speakers are newer there are more of them changing hands so you see them coming and going more. If I was cockier I'd say its because Heritage are so great that people just don't sell them like the newer stuff!!!! [:P] but I can't say that since I've never owned a pair of Reference. I'm laying in wait for a pair of RF-7s to pop up near me and I'll scoop them up and see what Reference is all about.

My long winded rambling post is just to say that if you buy them right I'm sure you'll have no problem selling them if for some reason you don't like the Forte IIs. Like was posted above I'm sure you'll like them, but only your ears can be the final judge if they should stay or go. I say give them a try, at the worst I see you breaking even, which isn't too bad to try something new.

For me, I need the slimmer Reference speakers for my layout. My HT room is only 11 foot wide, and to accomodate a 110 inch screen, the widest speakers I could possibly get without affecting the screen are the RF-7s and they are pushing the limit. I do have a place to put some Forte's or the like, and I am on the watch in my area. Hopefully that will be a future purchase, but I am REALLY trying to stay focused on one project at a time. Right now I need to finish my HT, decide if an upgrade is necessary (RF-63, RF-83, or RF-7), and THEN look into the two channel stuff for upstairs.

As for the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor), I think most women appreciate the asthetics of looks over sound. If you ever open up an issue of Better Homes and Gardens, it's rare that a room is even shown with a TV, let alone two or five 100 lb speakers. I think its harder to show embiance (spelling?) of a room with great music in print for obvious reasons.

personally, i am turned off by the stlying of the heritage series, i mean, when i think 70-80's and very early 90's, heritage style speakers are what come to mind. I am more a fan of the slender deeper cabinets but then again, these are two different animals

I'm the opposite. I find them beautiful and tend to treat them as prized furniture.

Keep the slim neutered black things away, please.

personally, i am turned off by the stlying of the heritage series, i mean, when i think 70-80's and very early 90's, heritage style speakers are what come to mind. I am more a fan of the slender deeper cabinets but then again, these are two different animals

Funny you say that. I felt exactly like you do until I bought my first pair of Heritage-ish(KG4's) speakers. Loved the way they sounded. Then their look started to grow on me. Then bought my Fortes and I was sold. I really like quality crafted wood furniture and the Fortes were just that. Except that I had never heard a wood dresser or coffee table put out such beautiful music as the Fortes. I like the smell of wood and really do enjoy wiping them down with some lemon oil. The luster in the wood comes right back out with one wipe.

Okay, I digress. It is about the sound and the Forte/Forte IIs have it.

Bill

Funny you say that. I felt exactly like you do until I bought my first pair of Heritage-ish(KG4's) speakers. Loved the way they sounded. Then their look started to grow on me. Then bought my Fortes and I was sold. I really like quality crafted wood furniture and the Fortes were just that. Except that I had never heard a wood dresser or coffee table put out such beautiful music as the Fortes. I like the smell of wood and really do enjoy wiping them down with some lemon oil. The luster in the wood comes right back out with one wipe.

Okay, I digress. It is about the sound and the Forte/Forte IIs have it.

Bill

funny you brought that up. i was looking to give my cornwalls a little clean up while updating the x-overs this week.

what exact lemon oil do you use? any prep work? or just cloth, oil, and clean?