Record Storage

seti

I would think it could be built cheaper especially since you would not necessarily need to incorporate camlocs. My question is how many LPs will this size and configuration hold?

Nice find by the way! I am thinking perhaps an accessory holder (ala BBQ grill tool holder) for brushes, liquids, etc and a shelf on the other end for my VPI cleaner.....

Edit: found the web site looks like 560 LPs in one unit

After nosin' around for just the right piece for my spot I opted for an IKEA Expedit eight cube unit. I only had room for six so I shortened it by one cube length on the table saw prior to assembly. I knew I was going to do this when I ordered it. I built a three inch base that is mounted to the bottom to get the top of my record cleaner into a more ergonomically correct position for someone of my height. Added two of the door options for storage of vinyl cleaning fluids/tools, tubes, manuals, etc. and it is absolutely perfect for me. It wound up being exactly what I was looking for.

post-9114-13819638071062_thumb.jpg

995604069209_0_ALB.jpgOne of the members of this forum has probably the best idea I've ever seen for record storage... it's lind of like a file cabinet for records, which allows for storage like the unit you've located, but keeps the wife happy because all the albums are out of sight. Here's a picture, hope he doesn't kill me:

995604069209_0_ALB.jpg

695604069209_0_ALB.jpg695604069209_0_ALB.jpg

395604069209_0_ALB.jpg395604069209_0_ALB.jpg

%5CUsers%5Cowner%5CDocuments%5CRecordPhi

Pretty damn good looking record storage if you ask me. How much would you be willing to pay for one of these?

Listen bud, if you're willin' to buy a faux vinyl veneer MDF cabinet like this for 260 bones let me interest you in some nice land I have just off the Florida coast for CHEAPWink LOL

Find me another stoarge unit that puts records in the same orientation made better and I'll buy it :)

I'm with you Seti. I think you pass by a lot of music by that you want to hear just cuzz a guy can't read the fine print on the spine. Or worse, you can't find what your looking for, or your pretty sure you have it, but not certain. Some would argue this is a perfect reason for a music server. I have some old record store cabinets that are three tier that stick out about three feet from the wall. Storage below is great to keep all that extra gear a guy needs to hoard!

cabinets

IMG_4236.jpgcabinet

I'm with you Seti. I think you pass by a lot of music by that you want to hear just cuzz a guy can't read the fine print on the spine. Or worse, you can't find what your looking for, or your pretty sure you have it, but not certain. Some would argue this is a perfect reason for a music server. I have some old record store cabinets that are three tier that stick out about three feet from the wall. Storage below is great to keep all that extra gear a guy needs to hoard!

IMG_4236.jpgcabinet

Yeah I buy more music when record shops are setup like this. I want that Cugat record on the front right.

995604069209_0_ALB.jpgOne of the members of this forum has probably the best idea I've ever seen for record storage... it's lind of like a file cabinet for records, which allows for storage like the unit you've located, but keeps the wife happy because all the albums are out of sight.

Nice-looking LP storage unit! Where could I buy one, or is it homebuilt?

995604069209_0_ALB.jpgOne of the members of this forum has probably the best idea I've ever seen for record storage... it's lind of like a file cabinet for records, which allows for storage like the unit you've located, but keeps the wife happy because all the albums are out of sight.

Nice-looking LP storage unit! Where could I buy one, or is it homebuilt?

Islander,

This particular unit is homebuilt, but if you're seriously interested, we could arrange for more discussion. This is a solidly built unit that is a very nice piece of furniture and I'm actually surprised that none of the hi-end audio rack folks haven't come out with something like it. "BluesBoy," a semi-frequent poster on this forum, is the craftsman that built it, and he's made a lot of custom equipment and media storage furniture in the past, along some killer speakers. He recently moved back here to Eastern Washington, so we're not too far away from your location... just a hop, skip, and long ferry ride! It will probably be a few months before the furniture and rest of the family gets completely relocated from NC though...

Let us know if you're seriously interested,