Request OF Moderators/Administrators RE: Forum Member Enhancements

fini

Can we please have a "How to post pictures" FAQ thread pinned to the top of each forum? The method for simply attaching a photo is so convoluted and counter-intuitive that almost every new member has to ask how to do it (often times more than once), and then some kind old hand here has to retype the secret formula. Of course, changing the way we have to post images would be even better.

Thanks for the response, Sput. I guess I need to change the subject line to attract more members here to weigh in. It's too easy for the "powers that be" to ignore the two of us...

EDIT: Thanks, Cut-Throat!

Not sure how it is for others, but my browser (Firefox) makes the "Save" button appear way out to the right of the final dialogue box so I need to scroll way out there to hit it. Maybe some folks are getting up to that point and not finding the final button to finish the download...?

Not sure how it is for others, but my browser (Firefox) makes the "Save" button appear way out to the right of the final dialogue box so I need to scroll way out there to hit it. Maybe some folks are getting up to that point and not finding the final button to finish the download...?

That is one of the things that has been a problem and it is one of the areas that is explained in the "HOW TO POST PICTURES" thread as referenced above.

BOXX thanks.

Fini,

It's a great idea.

Serously, I thought it was an appeal recruiting potential forum moderators/administrators. Perhaps if you change "for" to "of" the gramarians in Indy will get the idea.

Or, change the subject line to include a reference to member enhancement and it'll get the attention of the powers that be.

Or, change the subject line to include a reference to member enhancement and it'll get the attention of the powers that be.

Excellent point, Neil. I'd think and hope Amy, Trey and the whole group at Klipsch would be big into enhancing our membership (especially for newbies).

Paul, that point (of the "save" button being so far off-screen) is indeed a major stumbling block for potential picture posters.

And Noah, that post was great! Maybe add a few screen shots to illustrate your text, and pin that to the top of every forum!!

Also, it would be usful to point out the alternative of using an image hosting site like Photobucket or Picasa. Has the advantage of allowing multiple pics in any position and is less of a drag on the forum.

New avatar possibility for Fini?

Posted Image

Just a cool photo.

Posted Image

Guest davidness

It might also be worth noting in a page of "helpful hints" that the Safari browser (and maybe some others) don't include line breaks properly in posts. This is true when I post using my iPad also (which also uses the Safari browser). I need to add the "br" tags in brackets to insert my own line breaks. Using Firefox solves the problem (except on the iPad).

ie: Stuff I'm writing<br><br>Break to the next line.