Klipsch in a movie

Coytee

I'm watching an old movie, "Blown Away" (1994 Jeff Bridges)

Basically a movie about some escaped convict (Tommie Lee Jones) who's building bombs to kill the bomb squad.

One of the scenes at 1:09 has one of the dudes (Forest Whitaker) goes home & puts some ear phones on...and you hear a 'click' with some beeps.

Uh oh... as now he's wearing the bomb. Seems the earphones are loaded with a charge.

During this you get a brief glimps of the stereo and I was thinking "dang, I wonder if they used Klipsch speakers". Not really expecting to see anything a couple shots later, you see the bottom woofer and indeed, at the bottom of the speaker you can see Klipsch.

Turns out the bad bad Tommie Lee Jones also put a bomb in the cone of the lower woofer such that if they got the earphones, the speaker would get them so there are actually two bombs.

Such drama!

Guess it goes to show that you get a lot of BANG out of Klipsch!

I'm wondering what series they are. I'm speculating KG series. They're nothing that I recognize. Dual woofers is all you can really tell on the view I've seen thus far.

even a terrorist cannot be dumb enough to put a bomb in a klipsch speaker. I believe there is a thread similar to this, maybe that one is more for klipsch seen in random real life places. I always do keep a lookout when watching a movie. I enjoyed seeing some quality Macintosh stuff in The Departed

• 1 month later...