Downsized as far as I'll go

wuzzzer

Today I sold my SVS sub so now I have a 2.0 channel setup, down from a 5.1. At one time I had a Quartet center, Forte surrounds and fronts and my SVS sub. Now only the Forte IIs remain. I'm not complaining, the Fortes do incredibly well on their own.

The guy I sold the sub to is upgrading from a Definitive Technology SuperCube. He couldn't believe the bass that the SVS put out. He was grinning ear to ear while I demo'd the sub for him.

• Moderators

Your still doing great, many people would love to have your 2.0. I still have the 6 for Ht but to tell the Truth I usually listen in 2 ch to almost everything. [:$]

Wuzzer,

I've kinda gone the same route as well. I did it because I had no interest in 5.1 anymore. I finally set up my room the proper way for two-channel listening and the sweet spot experience is incredible. I used to shake my head when I'd see pics of some guy's listening room consisting of two speakers and a single chair in the sweet spot. "Why be confined to one spot?"......I'd think to myself.

Well, I'm still shaking my head. Only now it's up and down because I'm experiencing what it's all about. The most satisfying system (and most simplistic) I've had. Pretty amazing what only two speakers can do. [:D]

Wuzzer,

I've kinda gone the same route as well. I did it because I had no interest in 5.1 anymore. I finally set up my room the proper way for two-channel listening and the sweet spot experience is incredible. I used to shake my head when I'd see pics of some guy's listening room consisting of two speakers and a single chair in the sweet spot. "Why be confined to one spot?"......I'd think to myself.

Well, I'm still shaking my head. Only now it's up and down because I'm experiencing what it's all about. The most satisfying system (and most simplistic) I've had. Pretty amazing what only two speakers can do. Big Smile

[Y]

Wuzzer,

Well, I'm still shaking my head. Only now it's up and down because I'm experiencing what it's all about. The most satisfying system (and most simplistic) I've had. Pretty amazing what only two speakers can do. Big Smile

Lately, I have been thinking of doing the same thing as well...

Lately, I have been thinking of doing the same thing as well...

I have kind of been doing this all a long, for the last year and 1/2....

I currently use 5.1 for movies and 2 channel (plus sub) only for music.

Considering this is in my living room..... it is set up for the "sweet spot" for music over HT. (Although HT is pretty damn good)....

I am not saying my setup is as good as a pure 2 channel setup; or even integrated or tube amps; etc. But it is better than most (non Klipschers) have.

I have heard kiack arse speakers (Chorus IIs) and my setup is not as efficient; but pretty respectable.....

Good Luck on the sale Wuzzer and keep the tunes flowing......