Will the K Horns work in my room?

Taz

There is heat duct boxed in sheet rock 83" above the floor and 25.5" deep running full length on both sides of the room (long sides). The rest of the ceiling is 8' above the carpet. Room is 17' wide. I will be able to place one K horn in right hand corner near sliding glass window that has drapes. Have 3' from corner to sliding door & drapes. Will have to leave an inch or 2 for satellite cable I could set it in more with another false wall as I have 5.5' from corner to bedroom door. I can place a book case 22' from wall on left side in attempt to make left hand false wall. Bookcase is 4' high, 50" wide and 15" deep. Will have TV entertainment center centered between speakers. Opposite wall has fireplace that will be about centered between speakers. built in book case on left side when looking at speakers. Right side (the side with sliding door) has door to laundry room. The only way I can place the speakers is on the long wall.

If indeed amazon.com is an authorized dealer, I'm scratching and clawing to get these if they will work (bills vs finance). Otherwise it looks like Cornwalls. SWMBO has given her blessing. Have to ask Amy! Thanks in advance. John W. Henderson.

I really couldn't follow all the dimensions you gave. Morning coffee hasn't gotten to the brain yet. :) Maybe you could post a plan drawing? or photo?

But I did catch your last comment about fitting them in the budget. If they work in your room, then don't let budget keep you from them. Go to the used market! I'd shop the used market even if I had the budget.

I've always prefered large speakers room size be dammed. If khorns they just need some snug corners.

Agree totally! I had Klipschorns in a small room once and they were probably better sounding than alternatives.

If you can't provide 4 feet of unobstructed wall space in each corner in both directions, search the forum for "artificial corners."

The sliding glass door prob is indented. This might work O.K., providing it doesnt interfere with sealing the Khorns to the walls. Hopefully, the glass is good and thick, double glazed, and the door doesn't rattle.

I'm not sure you need to leave the Khorn off the wall just for a sat cable. There's a lot of dead space back there.

It's great you want to buy new, but if budget is a big concern, used Klipschorns pop up in the Pacific Northwest pretty frequently. I may be selling a pair of oak Khorns this Summer (they need a bit of cosmetic work), and possibly could bring them as far north as Mt. Shasta, if you want to keep that in mind. They'd probably be in the $1400 range as-is.

I'm not sure you need to leave the Khorn off the wall just for a sat cable. There's a lot of dead space back there.

It's great you want to buy new, but if budget is a big concern, used Klipschorns pop up in the Pacific Northwest pretty frequently. I may be selling a pair of oak Khorns this Summer (they need a bit of cosmetic work), and possibly could bring them as far north as Mt. Shasta, if you want to keep that in mind. They'd probably be in the $1400 range as-is.

Price of new went up, while whining and complaining I saw a Post for some used ones. Suppose to make the trip to pick them up next week. Stereo collection is still short of my "pop gun" collection. (Heh Heh) [;)]

As for the Oak Klipschorns this summer? May be interested, just don't tell wife yet. Will probably have to hide em in de corners if and when. [:-*]

The truth be told, we have already talked about another pair. When you're ready, and my finances improve, Lets talk. [:)]