speaker of room treatments

• Moderators

It's been a few years and the police still haven't found me. Over memorial Day weekend I had the MCM system maxed out indoors (which is very loud outdoors as well), plus a pair of cornwalls outside with my Peach and 100 watts of McIntosh behind them till 4 AM.........when I woke up on my lawnchair. My niece who lives about 1/2 a mile away said it was loud and clear at her house all night long. Still.......hasn't been a problem. I did that Saturday night, Sunday night, and all day Monday.

That's funny, I know what your niece is saying is true. Those two bass bins I got from you with just AA crossovers and split LaScala tops cover 6 acres with just a few watts. Your speakers with the McIntosh 100 watts would carry a long way, bet it sounded great. I love the way music sounds outside.

Bet the deer were thinking what the heck is that.

It's been a few years and the police still haven't found me. Over memorial Day weekend I had the MCM system maxed out indoors (which is very loud outdoors as well), plus a pair of cornwalls outside with my Peach and 100 watts of McIntosh behind them till 4 AM.........when I woke up on my lawnchair. My niece who lives about 1/2 a mile away said it was loud and clear at her house all night long. Still.......hasn't been a problem. I did that Saturday night, Sunday night, and all day Monday.

Back in about 1958, we teens determined that about 10 watts into a big JBL mono system (rated @ 52 dB EIA; Klipschorns are ~ 54 dB EIA , according to PWK) could be clearly heard about 2.5 city blocks away ... sometimes even farther. We had fun with the 1812 Overture, but even more fun with a good recording of an atom bomb blast.

In the mid-70s I had a mobile DJ business. Four 8 ohm Speakerlab SKhorns (plywood, T-35, aluminum squawker and closed backs) powered by Dynaco ST-400. (300 watts/channel into 4 ohm load).

For a few years I did a yearly party at a frat house in East Lansing, MI. Two of the the SKhorns were on a balcony facing the neighborhood, firing over the rooftops of the houses behind. Even in a student ghetto section of a college (MSU) town the volume would bring the ELPD to ask the frat boys to turn it down.

In the mid-70s I had a mobile DJ business. Four 8 ohm Speakerlab SKhorns (plywood, T-35, aluminum squawker and closed backs) powered by Dynaco ST-400. (300 watts/channel into 4 ohm load).

For a few years I did a yearly party at a frat house in East Lansing, MI. Two of the the SKhorns were on a balcony facing the neighborhood, firing over the rooftops of the houses behind. Even in a student ghetto section of a college (MSU) town the volume would bring the ELPD to ask the frat boys to turn it down.

There was a guy near campus in Berkeley who used to crank up Knights in White Satin -- way up -- at about midnight, and play it over and over. One nignt we found a sightline from another building that allowed us to look down into his window, and we discovered that he was dancing all around the room in a white robe looking for all the world like Lawrence of Arabia in the famous scene. As far as I know, nobody cared ... but there's always music in the air in Berkeley.

Well..............just did it again all weekend long. No room treatments required. Mountain Jam...........Hunter mountain in New York.................streamed all weekend, loud and clear indoors and outdoors. Not a complaint to be heard.

Bonnaroo is up this weekend. On Vevo.com.

If I do this 3 weeks in a row and don't get a complaint from SOMEBODY............even I'll be surprised. It's been very loud at night. I figure soemone must be getting tired of my stereo.

Actually, it will be like 4 out of 5 weekend since I did "The hangout Festival" in Gulf Shores a couple of weeks ago.

You can't beat the festival season and these free streams. Not of the highest quality but really quite good on both large and small systems.

A ticket to Mountain Jam was anywhere from $137.00 - $249.00 for the 4 days. They had the full main stage of the festival on stream for free.