Rega Turntables

gagelle

Anyone familiar with these? I stumbled upon the brand last night. Their entry models are inexpensive and supposedly high quality. I found a web site that sells them directly but I don't think they're authorized.

My only experience with Rega is with their tonearms. I have two and I am very pleased with both of them. Based upon what I have read, Rega turntables are a solid purchase and would serve you well for many years to come.

Anyone familiar with these? I stumbled upon the brand last night. Their entry models are inexpensive and supposedly high quality. I found a web site that sells them directly but I don't think they're authorized.

I'd steer away from their entry level tt's. Now a P3-24 is a solid table. For the price of a p1, you could get a vintage table that would be much better quality wise.

I have been using a Rega Planer 3 for the last 5 years,.

I bought it from another forum user. I upgraded most everything but the RB300 arm.

Wonderful table, and with the upgrades, it would take a $1500 table to beat it.

That is one of the good things about it. It is solid on it's own, but can be modified easily to be a high end, budget table.

You can email Info@soundorg.com to find an authorized dealer in your area. I read a good review in Stereophile and wanted to check them out as well. The Klipsch Heritage dealer near me carries Pro-Ject turntables, and I will be looking into those as well. So I am following this thread closely.

I had a Planar 3. Loved the arm, the design is straightforward but the 'table not so much. My Technics SP10 just walked all over it so I sold it. I'm sure the upper models are better, but the 3 was cheaply built and that cheap tiny motor...not my cup of tea. And I don't buy into that British Linnie thing of "pace-rhythm-timing".