Audio Meeting

Hello,

We are having an audio meeting next Saturday May 4th for those who may be interested. This meeting will be at my house in Lombard, IL (20 miles west of Chicago). We are not audiophile snobs or anything of that sort. Just a bunch of crazy guys who love music. We have DIY guys, horn guys, tube guys, etc. We have people come from all over (different areas of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana). Anyone is welcome and you can see the post on the Audio Asylum for more information.

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/events/messages/13.html

Any other questions just let me know by posting here or emailing me. Thanks!

If I have broke any rules by posting this I do apologize and this message can be deleted.

Regards,

Alfredo Abate

Well, Alfredo, if you get in trouble, so will I.

Anyone living in the NYC - LI metro area are welcome to join the Audio Syndrome audiophile club tonite (4-26-02, 8 PM EST) for a tube & vinyl fest @ Charlie G's home located at 412 South Fulton Avenue, Lindenhurst, NY 11757 (Long Island South Shore).

It will be informative & fun!

Regards,

Pete

Recording Secretary for the Audio Syndrome

Alfred,

I think I will attend and also I would be interested in those speakers if someone hasn't already put dibbs on them.

I'll be coming from Michigan. Is there any short cuts or a way to bypass Chicago to get to your place ?

Also If you want I could bring a Vintage HH Scott Tube amp if your interested.

Craig

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All !!!

Well I attended Afredo's Audio meeting on Saturday and let me tell you what a great bunch of guy's. He's right on the money when he say's there not Audiophile snobs. Just a bunch of music lovers with every sort of Amplification you could imagine. Even home built SS rigs that were impressive !!

I got to audition my first 45 tube based 2 watt custom built amp real sweet sounding. I don't think you will see me go that route though not enough wattage for my rock and roll ears. Also heard Afredo's Wav 8's there a great value and sound real good for the $ great buy.

Also met Tim from this forum and heard his HF-81 although not under the greatest setup. Alfredo has his speakers Biamped running a SS amp on the bottom and tubes on the top end we didn't have much luck getting it dialed in. But the top end did sound good with Tims amp. Much better then the experience I had with my HF-81. Sure wish Tim could of stuck around for the crowd to thing and let me hook one of my Scotts to run the Bottom I think he would of loved the combo. We finally hooked both my Scotts up and the sound I thought was great and I believe Afredo liked it too. Afredo you can elaborate if you like !

Afredo gave me a nice set of AR-2AX's that I'm going to restore and see what there like there in descent shape just need the woofers refoamed.

I met so many people at this event and seen so much I can't begin to remember everyone's name or what they all had. A real cool person I got to met was Edger the wood horn man. What a nice old gentleman.

Anyways I just thought I would thank Afredo and his group for being so nice and socialable letting me come horn in on the fun !! (Pun intended)

Craig

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>

Hi Craig,

The meeting was the biggest one yet! We had a blast I thought. I wish I would of had more time to talk to everybody though but being a host it isn't possible.

Craig thanks again for working on Tim's amp for me. I'm glad we were able to help him out. Us DIYer's hate to see somebody get charged $100 to change a few caps. I thought the Eico HF-81 sounded very good on my horns! By the way Tim your amp was even more stunning looking in person! Don't every sell that thing and if you do I get first chance to buy it! Smile.gif

Tim let us know how your amp sounds with the new caps installed once it has broken in.

Craig when you bi-amped with your Scott amps the sound was very very good as well. The low end was very good with the 222. In fact I was rather surprised that a tube amp could sound so good on the low end. Thanks for bringing it out.

The Jeff Korneff 45 amp is probably my favorite tube amp at this time. I have heard it on several different speakers in which it always sounds magical. One day I just may splurge and have one built for me.

The Wave 8's are great little amps for only $220 a pair. Once I do some mods it will be even better.

I'm probably going to buy a Tripath digital amp for the low end. I have heard this amp several times and was happy to have a listen on the low end of my system.

Craig, enjoy those AR 2-ax!

I finally got ticked off that my 10 year old Sony cd player didn't have a remote. I ended up buying a Sony SCD-CE775 from Circuit City last night. It is a 5 disc changer that plays SACD's, CD's, CD-R's and CD-RW's. It has a digital out for a DAC. Best part was it was only $179 and with modifications this CD player is supposed to be able to hold it's own. It sounds better than my old 10 year old Sony that I had. I noticed this immediately.

For those who didn't attend we try to have meetings about every 6 weeks. So keep an eye out for the next meeting info. Remember anyone is welcome to come!

Alfredo Abate

Barista:

I too would love to see something like this happen in the DFW area. There are quite a few on this board that live here. EQ Shadimar held a session at his place a few months ago and a few members showed up. I was unable to attend.

Alfredo,

It was great meeting you and Craig. I appreciate both your help in getting those caps changed!

It seems the imaging has tightened up a bit and vocals are more clearly defined.

Your welcome to come hear it for yourself if you like. The EICO is very impressive with Klipsch speakers and with the right room setup. You just might re-think your Tri-Path purchase... ;-)

tb