Anyone have the Klipsch Classic RF-5's?

scatsob

I am looking for a set but have not even seen than anyone has ever had them in stock. Did Klipsch actually release these? These are the ones with the smooth grain dark cherry finish. If anyone has them please let me know. Pictures would be great too[:)].

i just left az a few weeks ago, you can find amazing deals on the phx market, that is where i bought all of my gear and did all of my trading. it is very active and if you need other matching speakers like an rc-3 or rs-3 surrounds, they come up fairly often in the grand scheme of things

I actually need to update my profile. I am in California for the time being (NAVY). I already found a set of very good condition RF-5's here in LA and will be picking them up ($380 for the pair). When I lived in the bay area the getting was very good, similar to that in Phoenix. I will keep my eye out and maybe in my travels with the military I will find a pair.

I actually need to update my profile. I am in California for the time being (NAVY). I already found a set of very good condition RF-5's here in LA and will be picking them up ($380 for the pair). When I lived in the bay area the getting was very good, similar to that in Phoenix. I will keep my eye out and maybe in my travels with the military I will find a pair.

That's a steal! You're gonna love them.

Same horn as the RF-7, but different tweeter from both the RF-7 and the RF-3. Also, the RF-5 has different crossovers, a marginally larger cabinet, and deeper port tuning over the RF-3s, while having a real wood veneer and being made in Hope like the RF-7.

I had a pair of the classic RF-7s in the dark cherry. The finish is beautiful, for sure - even better than the RF-7II IMO!! Still, I let them go as a means to obtain a pair of RF-7IIs - my ears preferred the II's. The classics will be hard to find, and as already stated, will not come cheap.