Got myUPA-2 today

CHASLS2

Just hooked up the Emotiva UPA-2 to my system. I have to say it sure adds some spice to my Klipsch RF7's. Emotiva sure shipped it to me in fast order,

and it was super well packed. This is just a baby amp at 125 watts per chan. I don't think need anymore power for a bedroom. I will give it a good workout tonite.

(I am looking for a 2 channel receiver/ amp..... so..... )

Ironsave,

You might want to check these out. I ran a pair with my Heresy's with my Marantz 2252B receiver for a while and the sound was just incredible. Looks like seller may no be too far from you. At 125w/ch, your Heresy's will rock.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/2458522389.html

Marantz l AV9000 l MA500 l MA6100 (Des Plaines, Illinois)

Date: 2011-07-07, 5:43PM CDT
Reply to: sale-wsg3m-2458522389@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Marantz l AV9000 l MA500 l MA6100

Hello

I am offering the following electronics as a complete surround sound system.

MA500 l Amplifier l 4-available.
MA6100 l Amplifier l 2-available
AV9000 l Surround Sound Pre-Amp & Processor with remote 1-available

I am hopeful that anyone considering this equipment is already familiar with it; if not, I can forward the user manuals for your convenience and consideration.

While I am offering six individual mono amplifiers and preamp surround processor as a complete system; I am willing to sell the amplifiers in matched pairs and the processor, individually. If purchasing only a few is your interest, just let me know, and if we can work it out, I will cancel the listing and re-list the items of particular interest; ok?

However, please keep in mind that having all of the amplifiers and the preamp surround processor in one package is quite convenience, of and by itself.

Thank You

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 0 image 1

PostingID: 2458522389

Bill

• Moderators

I don't think need anymore power for a bedroom. I will give it a good workout tonite.

The amp ? [:$]

Congratulations I could use a couple of those myself, good price also. [H]

Yes, the amp. Had more time to play around with the UPA2 and i am very happy with it. Since adding the Sunfire sub and the UPA2 , i just can't think of anything else i need. What a bummer! Well maybe a XPA3 one of these days and use the UPA2 to drive the RS7's.

NICE EQUIPMENT!! i havent seen a VCR in quite a few years lol. im looking at an emotiva amp in the near future myself.

only thing is do i want a 3 channel or a 5 channel.

i listen to maybe 2 hours of music a year in my house.......is it worth it to pay for a 5 channel amp to power the rears or just let the AVR do the powering of the rears and get a 3 channel amp?

NICE EQUIPMENT!! i havent seen a VCR in quite a few years lol. im looking at an emotiva amp in the near future myself.

only thing is do i want a 3 channel or a 5 channel.

i listen to maybe 2 hours of music a year in my house.......is it worth it to pay for a 5 channel amp to power the rears or just let the AVR do the powering of the rears and get a 3 channel amp?

If you are doing 99% HT; I think the 3 channel would be sufficient. (Run the surrounds off the receiver).

Even with the 3 channel; music will sound awesome in 2 channel stereo mode.

Here's the reason I went with a 5 channel even though I'm 100% HT guy. The price difference right now is $170 on the xpa-3and the xpa-5. $85 per channel of 200watt power was just too good of a deal to pass up. I run 7 channels so now my avr will power just 2 channels at it's spec wattage of 110. Now I'm getting all the power that my speakers can possibly handle. It leaves flexibility if I wanted to run a set of speakers outside during a party. I think it will help it's resale value better than the 3 channel. Those reasons may mean something to you or not, but those were my reasons.

Here's the reason I went with a 5 channel even though I'm 100% HT guy. The price difference right now is $170 on the xpa-3and the xpa-5. $85 per channel of 200watt power was just too good of a deal to pass up. I run 7 channels so now my avr will power just 2 channels at it's spec wattage of 110. Now I'm getting all the power that my speakers can possibly handle. It leaves flexibility if I wanted to run a set of speakers outside during a party. I think it will help it's resale value better than the 3 channel. Those reasons may mean something to you or not, but those were my reasons.

Plus you got all the same power across the board so it matches
that way also.

Why do you think you need external amplification? Hmm

clarity

I don't understand how an external amp is going to help with that.

Clarity is just one of those pseudo terms in audio IMO. All I can say is there is a remarkable difference for the better when I use my UPA-5 with my Heresy speakers vs. the power amp section of the Onkyo 808 receiver I own. The UPA-2 is a incredible deal if you need to pump up a small receiver with pre-outs or with a 2 channel preamp.