Who else is excited for the Klipsch Mode Noise-canceling headphones?

justin_tx_16

How many klipsch headphones do you have and how do you use them all???

I have a ton of headphones in general but I find that the Klipsch Image X10i are in my ears most of the time. They are like musical implants for me.

If I am editing video or just in a mood for them, the Klipsch Image One headphones are the next on my ears. Followed by Koss Porta Pros and Sennheiser HD600s.

Justin,

These look really cool.

If they sound as good as they look (betting they do), could be a real winner in the lineup!

I agree. Finally a noise-canceling headphone I feel I can get behind 100%.

excited yes...

but that have less range than image ones accoring to Klipsch.

Yes that is true but I wouldn't fret too much about that. If you are over 18 years old, you probably can't hear much more over 16KHz and 90% of music isn't produced below 40Hz. Sub bass just isn't really a popular thing. Being able to play that low is great and these headphones can play as large and actually larger than most people can hear. Than almost anyone able to read this can hear.

In ear headphones are much more easily able to reproduce large swathes of frequencies which is why they produce such great bass response. These headphones should have no trouble playing rich thumping bass while simultaneously reproducing the crisp and clean highs that put Klipsch on the map. This is due to the dual drivers in each channel (Right/Left). Very few full-sized headphones feature such a design. There are dual-driver and even triple-driver in-ear monitors (Klipsch even made one before). But in full-sized, over/on ear headphones, this is rare (with the exception of so-called 5.1 or gaming headphones which never rate very highly when it comes to actual sound fidelity.

As soon as I can get my hands on these, I'll post a review here and on my site. :D

Klipsch-Mode-Noise-Canceling-Heapdhones-

I know I am! I haven’t been this excited about a headphone since the S4i was released.

I wrote about my excitement on my blog :D

Now those are stylin' and dare I say sexy phones. Dare I say Professor Thump and his cohorts hit it out of the park again. Now if those who buy the (rhymes with hose) would try these.... probably several times better and definitely a lot cooler looking. I'l have to read Justin's blog if I haven't already.

Sweet. Outta my budget for now...

p.s. And they are 2 way. Wonder if the 15mm high frequency driver is horn loaded?

but that have less range than image ones accoring to Klipsch.

Image Ones are not noise canceling (at least, I see nothing that says so on the Web page). Effective noise canceling is difficult, and reduced bandwidth makes it a little easier. The Modes still cover the entire human hearing range.

• 1 month later...

They will be mine... oh yes, they will be mine. The $350 pricetag is going to sting a bit... But, you get what you pay for (well, not in the case of Beats by Dre... those are expensive AND garbage.)

Looks like my One's (which I love) will get handed down to the old lady. [H]

They will be mine... oh yes, they will be mine. The $350 pricetag is going to sting a bit... But, you get what you pay for (well, not in the case of Beats by Dre... those are expensive AND garbage.)

Looks like my One's (which I love) will get handed down to the old lady. Cool

If you want to chime in with your thoughts on the differences between the One and the Mode, for my review, that would be great/fun. :D Review will come out as soon as I can get my hands on a pair. :D