Shame on Apple and OS lion, no Front Row, what are they thinking?

BBZink

Ok who's the wiseguy, decided to put a new OS without the FrontRow application.

Now kid and WAF are at me, how, how this stuff work, Dad, what did you do, nothing work!

Very very bad move apple man, you have wasted my sunday morning!

What is the purpuss of purchasing a non-user friendly computer?

Man, we finally have something that work for entertainement center, so let's go wasting it!

Anyone else, experienced that?

i found a patch, that allow the movie watching, but now, no kid could use my server. :( :(

Big disapointement for a new apple OS, sad sad day!

And worse part, no apps on apps store to replace Front Row entertainement center!

two thumb down apple man!

I'm still running with no issues on XP and Win7 - I would switch to Apple in a heartbeat if it were better, but everytime I give it a fair chance, it's simply less productive for both multimedia and engineering applications. All my fellow Apple prophet friends keep telling me I'm crazy, so I'm more than open to anyone that wants to show me otherwise (they haven't been able to yet).

For example, it's pretty sad when a $7500 G5 gets outperformed by an $800 PC for audio production.

Agree,

i purchased cheap notebook, for the kid, and now with improvement of 7, well it is a "jeux d'enfant" to repair all the crash kid causes!

Bought the mac-mini, it was convienient, but now, a notebook with airplay on tv or a new wireless tv could do the same!

So no more investement in the supposed trouble free land of apple!

Will ran what i got, til it die, than will see, what good they in the overpriced apple word!

If they don't wake soon, with more customur oriented product, they will decrease again, but hey, it's in those time that apple got there "coup de génie".

So i guess, fail and succeed is the way Apple do business!

Lesson learn co$tly!

The good thing, i switch back to my tt and it is playing those black softwere very well (vinyl rule in music!)

Tpjrs

For example, it's pretty sad when a $7500 G5 gets outperformed by an $800 PC for audio production.

Since they switched to Intel CPUs quite some time ago, that isn't a very fair comparison. I think Win 7 is a great OS, but I recently switched to a quad core XEON Mac for my work desktop. Mostly because I have to support about 30 Mac on our campus. I wanted to get more familiar with the OS I was supporting.

It runs very, very fast. Our art dept. got new iMacs, quad core i7 CPUs with 16G of ram. Photoshop (CS5.5) opens in 4 seconds, which I find amzing considering how bloated a lot of Adobe packages are (although I like their tools and applications).

Snow Leopard was a huge improvement over Leopard. Lion adds all the touch screen stuff which we aren't interested in at the school.

Bruce

Well since i am concerned

The new Lion Os, is unable to play music, while the photo savescreen is on without lagging! this is a very bad OS and touch thing is not for me!

So t'ill they work on it and fix it, OS Lion is a bunch of junk, like Windows did in the old they! to much blanket in the software will leed you nowhere!

and my macmini is 2010! so if i have to buy a new macmini each time an executive want a big bonus! well, it will become a take it or leave it!

and itunestore will fail! if we are not able to listen our purchase correctly!

Apples gave me back my $$$ for this crapy lion version, that is not entertainement oriented!

or repair it and made reliable and convienient!

Ok who's the wiseguy, decided to put a new OS without the FrontRow application.

Now kid and WAF are at me, how, how this stuff work, Dad, what did you do, nothing work!

Very very bad move apple man, you have wasted my sunday morning!

What is the purpuss of purchasing a non-user friendly computer?

Man, we finally have something that work for entertainement center, so let's go wasting it!

Anyone else, experienced that?

i found a patch, that allow the movie watching, but now, no kid could use my server. :( :(

Big disapointement for a new apple OS, sad sad day!

And worse part, no apps on apps store to replace Front Row entertainement center!

two thumb down apple man!

I went to an Apple TV box and haven't looked back. You don't need a computer connected to your intertainment system.

I just got a new 17" MacBook Pro with 8gb ram and couldn't be happier with the performance. I'm am bummed to learn no front row : (. I support windows at work 200 win pc's and 12 win servers. I'm thankful everytime I sit in front of my mac. There are only a couple windows apps I use with parallels and I don't even use that very often anymore. Apples hardware is top notch. I'll try Lion in a couple weeks.

I hate the cloud marketing concept. When execs ask about the cloud I ask what will they do when a storm blows their cloud away or the external network goes down and you loose productivity because you servers aren't onsite anymore lol.... Cloud Smoud....

*edit* nevermind i'll hack it back in....

f you’re dead-set on Front Row and Lion, however, there’s salvation to be had with a minor hack that brings the UI back to life. Detailed at the Apple Support forum by
user “radiv78″, by copying the files below from a Snow Leopard Mac to
one running OS X Lion (and then restarting), you can once again have
Front Row access.

/System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BackRow.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iPhotoAccess.framework

/System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.RemoteUI.plist

/Applications/Front Row.app

Well from what i seen, they push graphic to much with Lion!

if i put the screensaver off than, the lagging stop!

Also, a delay between image and sound appears when listening movie rented from istores if midi is setup to 96/24 instead of 44/16.

So if only listening music, without screensaver or any video solicitation the sound appears to be good and very good at 96/24 better than before, but if an email arrived, than ding, it lagg!

So graphic is the source of the problem on old machine, mean everything before may 2011!

So i guess, the apple tv solution is one or maybe reducing the quality of image is another. but with reducing quality of image is sort of non-sence cause apple wanted to improve images with 3D?

or buy a new minimac that don't have a dvd/cd built in and convert the old one to the new one and reinstall, leopard on the old one?

complicated, complicated!

Or what i finally decided to do, don't buy anything, stop renting movie, listen archived music, and lp's t'ill apple fix it!

Fix it they will. Like all things in the digital world, I would hesitate to buy/upgrade straightaway. Give em time and it will work out

Not sure what is so bad about a company that make uber quality products that consistently perform better than anything else on the market. Yes they want to make money and they have figured out how to that by maki king better stuff . What a concept !

Apples hardware is top notch.

Except for the two that came DOA this summer. That's TWO out of 17. Not very good at all.

Never had a DOA apple laptop. I've ordered at least 10 in the last couple months. I would be pissed. Apple MacBook Pro's are the best.

Where you put your music? in a cloud?

Apple TV plays movies, music, podcasts directly from your host computer, be it your laptop or desktop, wirelessly via Itunes.

You can also logon to Youtube or Apple's servers to watch content on demand through the Apple TV hardware.

Apples hardware is top notch.

Except for the two that came DOA this summer. That's TWO out of 17. Not very good at all.

That sucks, I agree that their hardware isn't anything special, but their design is second to none IMHO. They're built at the same places many other computer brands are built, with the same parts. One thing they have going for them is they control their hardware, which keeps the chances of having software conflicts to a minimum.

Since I've completely swithched to Mac, my headaches have diminished due to their OS. That said, I haven't tried anything on Windows past XP.

Since I've completely swithched to Mac, my headaches have diminished due to their OS. That said, I haven't tried anything on Windows past XP.

MS has some serious opportunities to fix key fundamental issues with their OS when they release Windows 8. I pray they make the right decisions because I have to support them. Vista and 7 are pathetic POS... At least in the business work environment. So far I am sending XP SP3 disk images to dell and ordering batches of 20 at a time.

Where you put your music? in a cloud?

Apple TV plays movies, music, podcasts directly from your host computer, be it your laptop or desktop, wirelessly via Itunes.

You can also logon to Youtube or Apple's servers to watch content on demand through the Apple TV hardware.

This a great improvement in energy saving, running a computer for database, buy a product i don't need! and than have the ability to listen my music, because of a lousy programmer at apple and marketing manager who want big bonuses!

Apple a green compagny, We want your dollar as green as they are!