Too many or Not enough Speakers

Taz

[^o)] SWMBO was after me about having too many speakers stored in a closet and wanted to know when I was going to get rid of some. I tried to tell her I was giving a pair away later this summer, but it didn't look good as I have some that won't fit in the closet that I'm also not using at present. I did not bring up the ones I have at my son's house in his closet, or that he is using in the living room.

Later I asked what she would think of another pair of K Horns if I could put them in a water resistant cabinet out on the patio. I said we could crank them up where the gentleman on the hill above us (2-300 yards) might be able to listen to them. Well they are good people, and SWMBO said she thought that might be a good Idea. Dennis has said we needed something they could listen to on the hill. I suspect he wants revenge for the kids living between us that have the drums and motorcycles. Of course I would have to move them into waterproof, dry climate area for the winter.

So I have 2 questions

# 1. Would 2 K Horns in inclosures played at 100w reach 2-300 yards?

# 2. Does anyone who is male understand women? Do women understand women?

OK that was 3 questions, but I thought it only wise to seek all advise.

#1 - I was thinking of a similar idea but mine has a couple of issues. The salt marsh is a sound sponge with the tide out and when the tide is in a reflector. I want to be able to walk a couple hundred yards out with the dog (slime ball toss with Beauregard) and still hear the music but not blow it the full 1/4 mile to the barrier beach (well maybe in the winter when they have all gone home). With the Belle's and Khorn's playing loud in the living room and windows all open the music won't go 100 yards east. In the fall I may try the peavey fh-1 and klipsch kp201's out on the back porch and see what it does and work from there.

#2 - nfc

post-42841-13819659690098_thumb.jpg

Hmm SWMBO was after me

So I have 2 questions

#1 Dunno.... but it's fun to try (depends on #2...)

#2a No.... I thought I did..... but I was wrong..... I'm getting better at it, and will likely understand SWMBO by the time I'm about 90... Maybe, anyways.

#2b Of course we don't and all the women have banded together to keep the information secret and further oppress us into marital servitude, all the while doling out small treats like giving a loyal dog snacks until it's time for the beatings and banishment to the small uncomfortable area that passes for their idea of a dog-house..... [;)]

Gotta run, SWMBO just woke up and if she reads this, I'm dead meat..... [:P]

[H]

• Moderators

#1 200 yards for sure and you would still hear it at 300 yards. Strange as this sounds the wind affects the sound alot even at 200 yards. Same top as Khorns but with a single MWM bottom for each top is what I use in the back yard, the side road,(no houses) is about 600' and you can easily hear it. When the wind blows, you off and on lose the mids and high's for a minute and to a lesser extent the bass. This is with less than 30 WPC.

2# NO and NO. It can't be understood, it constantly changes depending on little or nothing. And if you think you have a grip on it (a trick) your either being left to think you figured it out, or for whatever is next in in your training. ?

Don't try to figure it out your not getting any younger just take the path of least resistance and save alot of time.

2# Don't try to figure it out your not getting any younger just take the path of least resistance and save alot of time.

The "path of least resistance"...... That's what SWMBO said the last time she hooked up the electrodes in the water-board room during a "training session".

I'm actually alot better now since the lobotomy....

[H]

• Moderators

That's what SWMBO said the last time she hooked up the electrodes in the water-board room during a "training session".

[:o]

At first I thought I wanted to know, but then I thought I don't want to know. [:$]

#1 Mids and highs yes, to get bass that far you're going to need some horsepower and additional cabinets.

#2 I didn't think that was remotely possible. Women totally understand other women, they do not however like them and see them as competition.