New Jubs on the Block

RRFL

My new jubs are being finished in Raw Birch

You're ordering a pair from the factory or are these a clone pair?

You getting the 402 for the top or something else? Active?

Congrats to you..... you'll have to post some pictures on arrival/setup & give your opinion. There are a handful of people who made the leap of faith and bought them without ever hearing them first. I don't know if I could have done that. Being familar with the Klipsch sound and having LaScalas and (at the time) Khorns..... perhaps I could have... I don't know.

Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile Thank-you and thanks to all the jub owners for their valuable opinions and comments. When I was 19 back in 1975 I was offered a job in a HiFi shop and sitting in the corners were a pair of decorators finish Khorns, in 1976 I ordered my LaScalas and then use them to mix live bands with my Marantz 1200B 70's - 80's. So the jubs are a logical addition for me after reading the AES-Volume 48, Number 10, 2000 October on the Jubilee development by Paul & Roy, together with jub owner opinions and comments. It's as if I already know what to expect. My "Factory" jubs (soon to arrive) with 402 & K69 powered by a pair of Pass Labs X350.5 Bi-amped 1 ch for lf 1 ch for hf. The A&H iDR8 will be pre amp, xover, eq and matrix remixing of 5.1 from "proposed OPPO BDP-95" into 4 channels. hdmi direct to proposed LG 65LW6500 TV.

I will be using my (1975) Marantz 1200B with my "sisters" (1981) Heresy 1's as rear surrounds.

Possible Heresy upgrade is Bi-amp 409 & K69.

My Yamaha C2a pre and B2x power drive my (1976) LaScala, possible upgrade is Bi-amp 402 & K69.

If I Bi-Amp the Heresy and LaScala I will use the B2x for the hf's and the 1200B for the lf's the iDR8 as xover, etc.

Here is the pic of the lf's in the factory that Roy sent to me on 28th July 2011

Rodrocket-

This deserves a thread of its own. Otherwise, it'll go unnoticed in this trolling expedition.

I could call it "New Jubs on the Block"

post-45280-1381966089539_thumb.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just heard Jubs for the first time, at forum member Bill C's restaurant in Silverton. I think they are the same configuration you're getting. They sounded AWESOME, with such an ease of presentation that only fully horn loaded systems do, just supremely effortless and natural. Like 'Scalas on steroids. Have fun with 'em!

Standing applause for you!

How's it feel to know that you are the first person on an entire continent to own something?

[Y]

Not to suggest that you have to do this... but if you are open to others knowing where you are and are willing to let them hear them, here's a thread you might want to read & see if you want to be listed. If so, lemme know and I'll update the main post

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/144087/1474234.aspx#1474234

Yes congratulations, good choice, you will soon hear why.

Will this be the first pair in Australia ? Idea

Thank-you again your many comments a significant contribution to myself.

This might be the first pair in Australia and lets see what follows this time as post (1976) when I bought my LaScalas I lost count of how many friends, associates and establishments became Klipsch owners.

We had a pair of Raw Birch Heresy inverted and suspended from the concrete rear ceiling corners of the recording studio control room. Chuck Mulherne came over from Klipsch to Sydney and paid us a visit, he remarked on how impressed he was that the Heresy were set up properly.

Back then "for the home" [:D] "present company exempted" there was only the Khorns, Heresy, Cornwall, LaScala and Belle. People would say now lets hear it on the big speakers and that would have us laugh and say "the big speakers, these are the babies of the range".

When we set up the 3 pairs of LaScalas directly under the Heresy's that was big. Those 3 pairs went on board the original P&O Oriana as the PA for the band and after that into a Sydney Hotel.

So lets see what happens this time.

Just heard Jubs for the first time, at forum member Bill C's restaurant in Silverton. I think they are the same configuration you're getting. They sounded AWESOME, with such an ease of presentation that only fully horn loaded systems do, just supremely effortless and natural. Like 'Scalas on steroids. Have fun with 'em!

Yes, I have read about that pair and yes it will be so good...

Just curious...how much are the prices for the factory Jub bass bottoms?

The Australian "Cinema" Dealer is Edge Digital Technology, the price will fluctuate as does the currency exchange rate, $4,146.63 for the pair of KPT-KHJ-LF before taxes, etc.

Just curious...how much are the prices for the factory Jub bass bottoms?

The Australian "Cinema" Dealer is Edge Digital Technology, the price will fluctuate as does the currency exchange rate, $4,146.63 for the pair of KPT-KHJ-LF before taxes, etc.

That seems like a very competitive price. Again, congratulations!

I want a pair so much, my house/listening space just would not do them justice.

Congrats! Yes

Thank-you,

What do you mean you don't have enough space, my new Jub "group head phones" [:D] will be in corners that are 4.2m 13ft 9in apart and the room is 5.9m 19ft 4in long. there is a 1m 3ft 3in open stair case going upward at the back and on one side a staircase leading down to the front door.

All the electronics except the TV will be directly above in my bedroom where my LaScalas sit in the corners, (emmm I should note "right this minute" Led Zeppelin Kasmir is playing on the LaScalas).

Previously, for a special occasion, I have set my LaScala up as head phones on either side of the waterbed only need a watt sounds really good.

So what I'm saying is; you want a pair so much, you need a pair, so you ought to get a pair. [:D]