COrnwall Serials

venaka

Well I took the bullet and got these cornwalls, that are in very nice condition, BUT I just noticed different serial #'s..
One has 19T550 and the other 19T592..The guy said he had traded these a while back from the original owner..Did I get juked..Would there be a difference in sound? Am I freaken out for no reason?.

Anyways I payed six and they were dropped off..

heres a pik and ill be driving them from a fresh scott 48 reworked by hot glass audio.

04JQU.jpg
K4jEB.jpg

• Moderators

I think you got a great deal from looking at the pic they look nice, serial numbers really mean little, there going to sound the same. The worst that could happen is the wood grain don't match exactly which also happens on matched pairs.

How do they sound, should be good with those electronics, you did good ! [Y]

OMG!!! MY WIFE WAS DOING DISHES AND SHE HEARD A RUMBLE and SAID ARE THOSE YOUR NEW TOYS!!IOnly a quarter volume up with my scott and its crazy!!. I neaver knew Klipsch can throw it down like this..I have the Heresys II and I thought they were pretty good but WOW. YOU GUYS SHoud warn more people abouth this Klipshidis!

Yeah the wood grain looks a litle different I guess.So back then in the late 70's they didnt sell these consecutively? My heresys and rb5 match.

Anyways I guess its my OCD.

• Moderators

Glad you like the sound, it's all that really matters.

Anyway you are lucky, serial numbers that are off by 2-41 are not good at all, your are off by 42 your perfect because 43 and on is not really worth having there just to far off to mess with. [Y]

Sound silly considering the sound coming out the front doesn't it ? [:o][;)] You got a good deal on some really nice looking speakers, ignore the sticker #.

Glad you like the sound, it's all that really matters.

Anyway you are lucky, serial numbers that are off by 2-41 are not good at all, your are off by 42 your perfect because 43 and on is not really worth having there just to far off to mess with. Yes

Sound silly considering the sound coming out the front doesn't it ? SurpriseWink You got a good deal on some really nice looking speakers, ignore the sticker #.

Thanks for making me feel better..LOL! I just made it in the serial numbers!!

Howard's, tung, Old English, Watco, etc. Each has a different characteristic, effect on hue, and maintenance requirements. Pick one, but stay with it. I use Watco, diluted 10% with min spirits, and also Old Engish Lemon oil for the monthly "quick wipe" as it leaves no residue after the wipe.

Grill cloth..... If they are faded, they are faded. The grill cloth is made from a polyolefin resin thread that has a color when made, and by consequence if it changes color, it cannot really be "restored" as it does not have "pores". You are kinda stuck with two options; replace the cloth (see: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/110684.aspx ). You can.... if you are good at it.... spray them with Krylon flat black to get a couple more years out of them. Trick is to spray very lightly, and allow to dry for at least 24 hours.

Before you do that el-cheapo trick, they should be thoroughly cleaned with a brush, and vacuumed.

[H]