Need help and suggestion on buying Klipsch speakers

Barry Shah

I have this guy selling his KLF 10, KLF 20, KLF C7 with Carver Sunfire Amp.

He is selling the speakers for like $1250 for all, they are black and he said he bought them new in 1999.

He already sold his Carver Amp.

I have all marble and tile in my house.

I am thinking of replacing by Bose Cube speakers with these and am also thinking of

buying a Carver Theatre Grand Receiver.

Are these speakers the right price and will they sound OK with tile and marble in the house?

I have not heard these speakers as these are all packed.

Any tips?

Barry,

Welcome to the forum.

Are these speakers the right price and will they sound OK with tile and marble in the house?

I think the KLF's are great speakers but the price is on the high end of fair. Offer $1100.00 and see if he bites.

I too have a "live" room with ceramic tile and high ceilings but have tamed it some with area rugs and throw pillows.

Good luck,

Bill

He had the complete system for $2000 including all Klipsch speakers and Carver Sunfire amp. He sold the amp for $900, so he wanted $1500 for all speakers, so I offered him $1100 which I thought was fair. He countered $1250. I still think $1100 is fair. If he does not accept, that is OK. Are these speakers hard to find? I am going from Bose acoustimass type speakers to these big speakers.

OK, He was selling the amp and speakers for $2000. He sold the amp for $900, so I offered hin $1100. so he still gets $2000. I wanted to buy the whole thing for $2000 but he had already sold his amp. Guess, he wants to make additional $150. I know Klipsch do not make these specific speakers anymore, I assume they replaced with a newer model?

1100 is MORE than fair. I sold perfect klf 10's for 200... 20's are maybe 400 max... c7... another 300 max. 900-1000 should be your offer in my eyes. if you want to sweeten the deal by 50 here or 50 there, that's up to you. $1100 max.

Those are insanely cheap prices - of which I have never ever seen for 20s and 10s. The market around here is double those values - the C7 is about right on average. If you want the speaks you need to pay, if you don't want them, let them go. Somebody will buy them for that price, and no they don't make them anymore, and no, there is no replacement for Legend 3 way speakers.

Price and availability depend on where you are located. Large speakers have always been a limited market, many simply cannot fit a large speaker into their homes, or new homes.This can make a fairly motivated seller, but these are also well liked speakers, so its the usual question of local supply and demand.

Hard to guess how they might sound in your home, tile etc gives me the impression it is very live, not absorbing, which might make any speaker a bit on the bright side.

OTOH I hate the Bose stuff and the various distortion tricks they use, so anything good is going to sound quite different.

Any special reason you picked the KLF speakers?

Barry,

Welcome to the forum.

I think the KLF's are great speakers but the price is on the high end of fair. Offer $1100.00 and see if he bites.

I too have a "live" room with ceramic tile and high ceilings but have tamed it some with area rugs and throw pillows.

Good luck,

Bill

If sepakers are in good condition that you expect them to be in, may be it's worth...If few nic-nacs, little lower should do...But, it all depends upon you wanting them and seller selling them.... Good luck...Wish you a good luck to be a Klipsch Owner...

Hey! I have an old set of Bose speakers, and my cat loved to sleep on top of them. She has never messed with any other stereo equip. But the cover on the top firing part of those 601s were just too much for her to resist. Nice Kitty! [H] Bottom of my list, but top of her's.

• 4 weeks later...

These will be great speakers if you get a goood avr to run your system and a large room. Speaker don't go obsolet like other electronics. Going from Bose to any of Klipsch non-satellite system will be a joy. The price is good considering what you are getting. Just get a friend to help you carry then : )