Does anyone else think this CD sounds aweful?

rennoc442

I purchased Red Hot Chili Peppers new CD since a friend said I gota get it. I think the album is good so far, but when I got home and played it on my system, wow it SUCKED!!! DISTORTION, couldnt believe it! I wanted to turn it down!! I guess when I am drunk it will sound good [:S]

Anyone else have the new CD, "Im with you" and think it sounds aweful?

Maybe I'm in the minority...

While I can definately appreciate a well recorded item that jams the way I want it to.... the truth is, I can also appreciate just as much, a song that I love that might be a poor recording.

Take for example (insert your favorite song), if it was only available on poor recordings, would you prefer to never listen to it again, or listen to it as you have it and enjoy it for what it is?

I happen to be in the second group.

Maybe I'm in the minority...

While I can definately appreciate a well recorded item that jams the way I want it to.... the truth is, I can also appreciate just as much, a song that I love that might be a poor recording.

Take for example (insert your favorite song), if it was only available on poor recordings, would you prefer to never listen to it again, or listen to it as you have it and enjoy it for what it is?

I happen to be in the second group.

Valid point. So I guess I will only listen to this album in my truck, or when I am not sitting in front of the LaScallas [:|]

I haven't heard it, but do you think the distortion might be on purpose? Is there another source for comparison?

All of my other CD's, live albums etc sound amazing, love it! But this CD is not so great. One song that is comes to mind is "brendans death song". The first part is acoustic, and it sounds very distorted. I never heard of anyone trying to distort an acoustic guitar on purpose?