Nitty Gritty Record Cleaners

runninshine

A friend of mine gave me this unit today (model 1) It's missing the felt pad on top but otherwise is in good condition,it's almost 30 years old now. I have been using the Spin Clean when I buy used LPs but I think this should work better right?

Anyone else use one of these?

Posted Image

Definitely give it a try and see. I like the NG, think it does a nice job, and records sound better after using it. I've not compared its results to a VPI's. Apparently you have to manually rotate the LP, which would be less convenient than a motorized NG like my 2.5.

Congratulations on the NG! I received an email from Music Direct earlier this week and I think NG's and all of it's paraphernalia was on sale! I think! [:$]

Vacuuming the records has got to be better than spinning! thumbup.gif

Keep us posted,

Dennie

Congratulations on the NG! I received an email from Music Direct earlier this week and I think NG's and all of it's paraphernalia was on sale! I think! Embarrassed

Vacuuming the records has got to be better than spinning! thumbup.gif

Keep us posted,

Dennie

These are excellent units....

Don't use it without he felt pads. You can get them from Nitty Gritty for a reasonable price. I use both the spin Clean and Nitty Gritty. The first for a pre-wash the latter for sucking off the liquid.

Thebes,

I like that approach, each machine seems better suited to that purpose. I don't have any cleaning machine. Do you feel the machines do a better job than cleaning manually or is it mostly for convienience?