I had a Mac attack.

Mike 585

I was in a local AV dealer the other day and, as always, checked out the stock of trade-ins. They had a McIntosch C26 that I eyed lustily but I left without it. I couldn't get it out of my mind though. After searching old threads here for a couple of days, I decided to go back and get it and pair it with an MC2505.I went and bought the 2505 from Audio Classics. They were great to deal with by the way. I need to make a road trip down there one of these days.

I am very pleased with performance of the pair. I want to thank all those who've posted information and experiences here that helped with the decision process. One thread had a link to Roger Russell's website--very interesting stuff there.

I have now scratched "Mac with sexy blue power meters" off my bucket list.

Happy listening,

Mike

Congrats I just purchased my first mac gear a c33 and a mc2255 they are hooked up to my first pair of klipschorns.

Good place to be. I had no idea (well maybe a little bit of an idea). Heaven.

Enjoy.

I'm glad to see that you are pleased with this arrangement....

Congrats I just purchased my first mac gear a c33 and a mc2255 they are hooked up to my first pair of klipschorns.

Good place to be. I had no idea (well maybe a little bit of an idea). Heaven.

Enjoy.

I'm glad to see that you are pleased with this arrangement....

[8-|] +1 [Y]

You will never look back.

Before I got the Mac stuff, I had very, very, vey good Sansui pro stuff (AU11000's, etc.). But they were 30+ years old; I spent $500 plus on a general restoration of caps, etc., but the problem was always going to be more things would go wrong, and there were NO parts available, few folks worked on them, and I did an "estimate". It was going to cost me about $200 average a year to maintain them (x 5), replace things, repair things, shipping, headaches...

I figured that after three years, I would have spent easily what a high quality, sounds similar or better, easily serviced, repaired, etc., Mac would cost me. Then I looked at the "market". There's some crazy folks out there and especially in Europe and Asia. I sold all of them for what I had in them, sold my TT's, extraneous equipment, some Klipsch speakers, my JBL Control Room Monitors, etc. Took the proceeds... and bought 3 x MA6500's, and a C42 pre-amp, and still have about $1500 in the fund to buy the MC352 I wanted just for the K'horns in the man cave.

And.... if anything ever breaks (and with Mac, that's very, very unlikely....), Mac authorized service centers and/or Mac can repair them.

You get what you pay for, for sure. Mac is made in the USA. Now having the McIntosh since last year, and having a year to play with them, etc. I now kick myself in the butt for not getting rid of the old stuff years ago when I came off active mil duty and starting over with a couple Mac amps.

Mac stuff is expensive, to be sure. But it's absolutely high grade and ultra-reliable. My stress level when I turn on the Mac stuff has dropped to "0" on the "Stereo-Reliability-Meter".

[H]

Besides, the blue meters are hypnotic.....

all-glory-to-the-hypnotoad-demotivationa