I Love You Klipsch!

m00n

OMG! I got my R7s today. Replaced all my R3-IIs. Oh man these things ROCK. Just so So SO crisp and clear. Some of you may remember that I was saying I wanted it to sound like the TRex from Jurassic Park was in my house. OH HE IS NOW!

Spectular, Awesome, Excellent, Crisp, Clear, Phenomenal... I am sure I missed many words to describe them, non the less you get the point. cwm4.gif

Ya....OOOOOOHHHHHH Ya.

------------------

the m00n system

Should have my R3 system replaced with R7 this weekends>

FRONTS: RF-3II

CENTER: RC-3II

SURROUND: RS-3II

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, mOOn! That's the reaction we were expecting to hear! It sounds familiar - I had a similar reaction when I got my Cornwall II's, and equal increases in amazement as I added the timbre-matching Academy and Chorus to the system. Speakers really do make the system. You'll enjoy the rewards for years to come.

See what happens when you think big?cwm30.gif

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

A Beast is Lurking.........To be unleashed May 2002

*** Alpha Testing Complete ***

Ya, I feel like going to all the home theater forums and telling everyone just how incrdible they are.

I am so glad I took the advice many of you suggested in getting these baddies. Gonna hurt the credit card for a while, but, it was worth it.

BTW dndphishin what are you alpha testing?

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 05-04-2002 at 11:07 PM

Okay, you are making me envious! Do those Reference 7s really sound that much better than the Reference 3 speakers? Unfortunatly, nobody around here seems to have any available for me to listen to. It would be tempting for me to trade in all my 3s for a complete set of 7s all the way around, but I really do not want to take on any debt to do it! Of course, they would all have to be in cherry to match my subwoofer Smile.gif.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802

RF-3II (Front)

RC-3II (Center)

RC-3II (Rear)

RS-3II (A surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - recycled)

32 inch Sharp (TV)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

This message has been edited by skonopa on 05-05-2002 at 12:10 AM

ya moon tell skonopa I how these compare to your rf-3's. i have rf-3's which are great but I plan on getting rf-7's and an rc-7 very soon. i remember you saying in one of your posts that your rf-3's lack certain qualities for your tastes, what are these lack of qualities that you are talking about with the rf-3's, and what are all the sonic differences between your new rf-7's and rf-3's.

This message has been edited by JLL on 05-05-2002 at 12:49 AM

skonopa in one word.... YES!

I was in the same boat. I didn't want to go further in debt. But, the way I seen it was this. I had already spent this much money. I was close to being happy. But was not fully. I simply wanted more sound, better sound. Not having the sound that I really Really REALLY wanted almost made me feel as though what I had spent was a waste of money. I knew that I was not going to be fully happy until I upgraded to the sound that I was searching for. I simply didn't want to be unhappy. Especially when I had already spent that much. For me, it was worth the extra money. I am fully happy now. Well almost, I want a rear channel and some a$$ shakers.

They are big speakers, and heavy. Hope you got some strength. My wife came home and looked at them, asked, are you sure you got em big enough. Are you sure you don't want to take em back and get the mega jumo size. Of course she was being a snot.

skonopa buddy, I am going to tell you what someone told me. If you can some how afford to stretch that wallet, do so. YOU WON'T BE SORRY! They are awesome. And regular music sounds 10 times better through these 7s than the 3IIs.

I really shouldn't tell you what to do. but I personally am NOT sorry at all for spending the extra money.

Anyway, take it from me someone who had the exact same set you had, these are an incredible upgrade!

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

quote:

Originally posted by JLL:

ya moon tell skonopa I how these compare to your rf-3's. i have rf-3's which are great but I plan on getting rf-7's and an rc-7 very soon. i remember you saying in one of your posts that your rf-3's lack certain qualities for your tastes, what are these lack of qualities that you are talking about with the rf-3's, and what are all the sonic differences between your new rf-7's and rf-3's.

Well, JLL, I can't speak the audio techno talk. I just don't know audio all that well. I simply know what sounds good to me. But for me what was lacking in the r3 series was, well, they just didn't seem to have the vibrancy that I was looking for, as I had said before, the seemed flat sounding. Almost like there was a sheet of paper in front of the speakers blocking the mids and high frequencies. And again I stress, this is just me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What sounded less than desirable may sound perfect to someone else. Muffeled? Maybe that's how I could describe how they sounded to me.

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

ok thanks moon. i find my rf-3's very good though not muffled just clear and separated, depends on the cd though. maybe you had some placement issues but who cares you now have rf-7's which you say blow away rf-3's and that is all that counts. i plan on getting the 7's to replace my 3's and i just can't see how it can sound any better, i guess i am just in for a big surprise.

JLL I did the same as Moon did, had the full set of RF3s and RC3s didn't have the surrounds, using SB1s right now but my main reason for shifting up to the 7s were for music, the RF3s were VERY good for HT but lacked some on the music I thought, but it may have been an upgraditis virus that influenced my hearing as well!

They be expensive but they be worth it for sure!

And coupled to my new Sony DA5ES receiver I now need a rear center channel speaker as well...nuts! But that 5ES has very good dynamic range and separation, excellent receiver for the money...

G2

Sorry, have to react on this. (not planning to upgrade to RF-7) cwm30.gif

Had the same feeling about RF-3's. Not flat sounding, but not so natural sounding with music.

Playing with different cables was the trick.

Yes, FTP cat-5. Not only external, but also internal.

Happy with my RF-3's now. (I know why klipsch upgraded the RF-3's with the monster wire)cwm3.gif

But still with a plus (market) price of $50 not only for the monster wire (feet, foam material, logo,...)

you can not expect wonders (of that monster wire).

But the RF-7 would be better. I hope they are in respect of their price.(didn't here them yet) So comparing RF-7 and RF-3 ???

I can buy easily 3 pair of RF-3's with the price of 1 pair RF-7's!!! That wallet have to be really stretchy!!

But I did hear the RF-5's and didn't here much of a difference that could justify the more than double price tag compaired to my RF-3's.

Just want to say that the RF-3's can be almost(have to be careful here) easily tweaked up to the bigger brothers with less money.

Give them some respect.

m00n, still my Congrats. Enjoy your reference 7 system.

Have to ask (like JLL with the placement issue):

Did you change nothing else than the speakers??

Like speaker wire???

Are the RF-7's on the same spot??

The RF-7's probably do sound better, just to be sure that nothing else is responsible for the "improved" sound.

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-909RDS

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3 tFTP

Rear: RF-3 tFTP

Center: RC-3 tFTP

SubW: KSW-12

USparc na man. I only changed the speakers. They are all in the same location. Well almost. I had to swap the location of my receiver and DVD with the location of the center speaker. I had the center directly above the TV. But the new center was taller so I had to move it up a shelf and bring my receiver and DVD down below it. Then I tilted the center down to face the sweet spot. Other than that, same wiring, same receiver same bananna plugs.

This is kind of the reason I hesitated to recommend these speakers to skonopa. I personally think it was worth the money. He may not. And sounds like you definitly don't think it would be.

As long as your happy with what you have. Thats what counts right? Thats what you all have taught me.cwm1.gif

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

quote:

Originally posted by m00n:

This is kind of the reason I hesitated to recommend these speakers to skonopa. I personally think it was worth the money. He may not. And sounds like you definitly don't think it would be.

I do know it for the RF-5 for certain, not for the RF-7's. But indeed like JLL said:<< i plan on getting the 7's to replace my 3's and i just can't see how it can sound any better, i guess i am just in for a big surprise>> Maybe I have to listen to them (or better not.Smile.gif. For the price (over the RF-3's) they have to be ... .

Indeed that is just a personal issue.

quote:

Originally posted by m00n:

As long as your happy with what you have. Thats what counts right? Thats what you all have taught me.
cwm1.gif

right on,

enjoy

Na, not yet. She was just happy that the upgrade didn't come out of our savings. I will do something nice for her though. She took off with the boys today for a while so I could crank it up. I was amaized at how awesome this setup is. I literally debated in my mind if this sounded better than a theater. I had the volume level up to -25, it was loud and clean. Not a single flaw.

Which makes me as the question, if the receiver goes from -60 to oh I think +5, what is the max volume I cant take it to without having to worry about blowing a speaker?

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

quote:

Originally posted by peterm:

Hey mOOn, you're not done yet. How about replacing your RSW-12 with an R$W-15 ? The 12 is no match with the 15. I owned both the RSW-12 and 15 and I like the the BIG punch of the RSW-15 $$$.

Not to self... Ignore peterm's post. Forget about it, you don't NEED to upgrade to the 15"... You may want too but you MUST refrain. Again, his post never existed.cwm20.gif

Na, I think I would rather get some a$$ shakers first. I was in a guys house that had them. He would turn them on and off. When he would turn them on, it would just make it seem like there was 10 as much base from the extra vibrations.

Not to mention I need a rear channel and amp to push the rear.

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 05-06-2002 at 10:56 AM

Which color did you get your RF-7s in? Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Projector: (Still deciding)

Screen: (Still deciding)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Black. Everythings black. Receiver, DVD, Speakers. However, the TV is silver.... Hmm, can ya spray paint a TV?cwm6.gifcwm27.gif

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>